Foundry R. I. P. V.2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by sloner52, Jul 24, 2009.

1. MetaLemur

MetaLemur Ancient

wow nice map man and u did this in a week. i guess u play halo alot but since u dont have dsl to play on xbl. this is itzxthemetal if u dont know peaceout man worth a download

2. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

I maybe don't agree with the death teleporters on the top of the map, I personally think if someone used enough grenades and/or friends and/or equipment jumps to get on the top of the map then they deserve to snipe the lesser beings.

3. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

thx.... ya every night between 5 - 10 hours a night........ ya i remember you.... what happen to your other username??

hmmm.... but it would ruin gameplay for someone to have a sniping position that they could see most of map.....

4. AlexIsCoool

AlexIsCoool Ancient

I was confused as to what these "angels" were. I thought it was some kind of theme related to the Rest in Piece name. Then I realized you were trying to say angles.
    On topic, the pillbox bases look ugly with the massive amount of interlocked fences. But the geomerging on the rest of this map is well done.

I would recommend changing the weapons, 6 BRs +2 Carbines is too many. I have said to people countless times that BRs are too powerful. If you like Brs so much then select BR starts. Otherwise I see no reason to pick up those assault rifles, no reason to pick up those SMGs and minimal reason to pick up that shotgun. Br even wins against Snipers 50% of the time.

5. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

ya i mean angles ........ have you played on map yet????? the brs and carbines are fine .. countless people actually have said there wasnt enoguh weps thou either add sniper or rocket... at least thats what ive been told..... and i actually was thinking about deleting two of the fence walls......

6. thrame

thrame Ancient

i would of made the attackers base and defenders base switch em around but with a few good changes could also be a great infection map otherwise great map
    swwitching the bases one of them

#26 thrame, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  7. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

why switch the bases???? the bases so far have proved to be fine just were they are.

8. AIS Student

AIS Student Ancient

Holy cow! I would never be able to geomerge quite as well as you! I can geomerge, but it's just atrocious. Very good. Also, it looks very clean, even WITH all that geomerging & interlocking. Very well done. If this map does not gain any recognition from the Moderators, than I don't know what to think anymore. This NEEDS a 10/10; keep it up!

9. Darkside102

Darkside102 Ancient

This is an amazing map, I only dream to make a map this good, if I ever finish a map on Foundry.

I can't help but wonder though if you built this map out of Ephasus, because there are a couple of items in the exact same spots as Ephasus like the structure out of the signs hallway image 13, in your 10th image theres that box tower, and in the 14th image theres a fence box ramp. I was just wondering

10. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

of course i looked at several big maps including ephasus..... but i built from ground up if thats what your asking.....

11. HarryGoss

HarryGoss Ancient

This map is very good. I like all your gridlocking. Also, If you have the time can you send me a message with how to gridlock. Even a link to youtube would be nice.

12. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

thx man try going to forging 101 on here.... should find something about geomerging on there or interlocking w/e your talkin about there...

to everyone else i finally put my vid up if you wanna checkit out... edited front page with it..

13. 2woFace

2woFace Ancient

I love this map. Beutiful geomerging. And the maps assetics are awsome to. But I do agree in such a small map that active camo and overshield are a bit much but otherwise good job. 4.5/5.

14. Ryan

Ryan Ancient

It looks like there is a ton of more stuff than the budget allows.. how do you make it seem so "filled"?
    I always seem to run out of objects before the map looks good

15. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

thx man ..... but u got to remember the camo and os ar on 3 min respawn

u have to download a budget glitched map or make it yourself should be plenty on bungie.net to download

16. MichMaster32

MichMaster32 Ancient

sorry i havent commented on this sooner but yes i really like this map. although most maps that are forged these days are done are on sandbox, i really like forging on foundry. but your map does a great job showing what great maps can still be made on foundry. i like the back alley forging the best. i know that must have taken a while. the map has very unique structures and the are very refreshing. it seems a little open for my liking but the structure make up for it. great forging btw. i cant see any mistakes. but yes its a very good map. and next time you make a video i would put a little gameplay in. it shows the map a little better.

17. sloner52

sloner52 Ancient

thx man... its actually not very open but maybe it would seem like it is to some....... i would have put gameplay in but i'm unfortunately running on dial-up ( ya i know it blows) so getting gameplay on there would be rather difficult......Yes i know it shows map better =(