Quidditch help needed?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by JRYP, Jun 9, 2011.

1. JRYP

JRYP Forerunner

Sup guys, I'm new here and also a bit new to Halo Reache's: Forge.

I'm currently working on a map that is suitable for Quidditch from Harry Potter. Since there isn't a Nimbus 2000 or relative, some settings are different than the way you know it from the movies.

Solution is to use a Jetpack and speed up your character a little bit. Don't want it to be slow and easy, but fast and vigorous.
    And you can only use the gravity hammer to kill somebody.

So I'm currently figuring out how to work out this idea:
    2 teams with their own home, 1 objective, grab the objective and try to bring it to the enemy's home to score.
    ( This idea is already in Halo Reach, it's called grifball, but I can't use grifball settings in forge for some reason. )

I tried to create a single flag CTF with one neutral flag, but it didn't worked out that well. When I tested it out with a friend, we couldn't be able to grab the flag. It just stood there.

So I'm stuck at the moment and need some help to create this idea..

Someone idea's? Tips? Tricks?

[​IMG]

#1 JRYP, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

Try assault because then the ball is actually ball shaped. You need a neutral capture plate in the centre with the label 'assault_bomb' (i think it's that but I'm not sure) and a capture plate in either 'goal' set to whichever team defends that goal. I can't remeber the exact label for it but it is something like 'assault_goal'. As for player settings, just test them for yourself untill you find something that works.

3. JRYP

JRYP Forerunner

I'll give it a try.

4. broccollipie

broccollipie Forerunner

If you are going to have an object you pick up as the scoring object, make sure that weapon pickup is enabled.