Quasar

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Vicious Vice, Jan 8, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my Style

9.0%
  2. Okay

3.6%
  3. Average

2.7%
  4. Good

12.6%
  5. Great

72.1%
  1. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Quasar
    Created By: x DREAM 76 x & o0 SLiK 0o
    Recommended Players: 8-16
    Recommended Gametypes: Battle Tracks, Battle BR's & Raceway

The racing community has been clashing on this course for quite some time but today those who don’t stray to the race map board will get a little dose of electromagnetic energy. Quasar is an enormous sky track with looping bank turns and enough twists to challenge even the most accomplished of racers. This track's main feature is its shield door elevator. The mix of man-cannons and shield walls bounce your mongoose smoothly and reliably onto the top tier of the track while keeping your momentum intact.

The roadway itself is perfectly smooth and the transitions from different boxes, fences and bridges look absolutely perfect. While appearance doesn't necessarily matter in a racetrack this map is quite pretty and many players will find themselves looking around while racing. With two hairpin turns and two very large banked turns this is definitely one of the more advanced racetracks; so don’t give up if you fly off a few times. Its hard to maintain a good line with this many complex turns. Quasar is not only set up for the usual race gametypes but also the lesser known battle tracks gametype. Boasting four other variants of battle tracks this is the perfect track to practice your no scopes and laser kill on the back of a mongoose.

#1 Vicious Vice, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

Very expected.

SLiK and Dream made the smoothest track I've ever seen and when you drive on the course, you feel no bumps even when driving off the bridge ramp to the Foundry floor at the end. In my opinion, Battle Snipers is the best gametype with BR's coming in second because there are straight-aways and long turns that make challenging shots.

Congrats on the feature guys, I hope another track gets featured soon to make you two premiums.

3. InnerSandman13

InnerSandman13 Ancient

Must....improve no scopes on MONGOOSE!!! I'll test it out with no scoping and lasers. looks like it deserved the feature.

4. Adelyss

Adelyss Hotdishhh

Congratulations on the feature, strange though I've noticed ALOT of recent racetracks being posted...is there something I missed like a competition? Anyways back on topic It looks great from the pictures I'll have to DL to see if it lives up to it.

Congrats.

5. Kitten X

Kitten X Ancient

I agree, this was a wonderful feature, and I'm officially proud to say that this was downloaded before the feature.

6. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

This map makes x DREAM 76 x premium now guys. Be sure to congrats him on that as well. :p

7. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

So this makes Dream 76 our first premium through race maps.

'Tis an awesome track. I had a blast driving it.

8. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Yes sir Mr. Linu sir.

Dream is our first speedway premium. :D

9. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Yes! Premium ftw. And yes everyone congratulate the master of making Race Tracks, he also had Singularity featured a short time ago.

10. Sonic Boxers

Sonic Boxers Ancient
    Banned

Awesome map!!! I DL'd it a while ago, like the first day it came out (I'm a frequent guest visitor most of the time just to check the newest community maps) and I knew from the first time I played it with some of my friends I knew it was eventually going to be featured. I believe that this is one of the best race maps ever and I personally love the beautifully forged racetrack, regardless of the fact that it has NO jumps. The extra piles 'o' junk that you have scattered throughout the map add for nice racetrack effect, and the rises and dips in the Track work perfectly with the Battle Tracks Gametype. w00+!!! Great map!
    Oh, and Congrats on the Promotion to Premium! :)

11. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Racetrack premium? Jeez that deserves a new rank... something like speedy gonzales or something... that would be awesome

great map man =)

12. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

Looks very smooth and great. I've never been much of a racing fan but I'll definitely try this one out.

13. DaCHEEZBURGLER

DaCHEEZBURGLER Ancient

Wow, i have to say congratulations for getting the feature and MAJOR PROPS for making this! Im not too big on double wide tracks, but this one is incredible. 6/5!

DaCHEEZBURGLER

14. X5

X5 Ancient

Congrats Dream, for being the first member to get Premium from 2 race maps =D
    And congrats Slik, totally failed on crediting you =[

15. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

Yay im very happy on our feature,Im was so good to work with Dream,Dream your lucky,your a premium,Lucky.Thanks guys

16. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Wow, I don't know what to say other than I am rushing out the door to go to work.. I am very happy and I am really glad I am a FH member. This is the best site dedicated to Halo 3 forge. I promise that I will come out with some amazing maps in the future. I plan on exploring and making maps from all the catagories. This map now has a V2 available if anyone still the older version. I really want to write more and this evening I will. Thanks again!

17. bobsagetismyhro

bobsagetismyhro Ancient

i cant wait to see more reacetracks out of you, one of the best forgers i have seen.

1st. Congratz on premium

2nd. The map is the smoothest racetrack I have ever seen great job on this map!

18. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

lol Dream what did i tell you. Congrats my friend and looking foward to your new maps!

19. d4rkdemon

d4rkdemon Ancient

this is the best race map ever i hope you keep making more this are brilliant 11/10

20. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

There's a change, a featured race map. We haven't had a race track featured in a while, an this is definitely a good one. Congrats on premium, Dream.