Remake Quake 3 Tournament 5

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Jolan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jolan

Jolan Forerunner

Quake 3 Tournament 5
    It doesn't require the gametype, but then the custom power up will be default. There's also the difference between walking and running up the stairs.

Gets very hectic and plays well with only 3 people (has 6 starts). There are 3x each main weapon (concussion, plasma rifle, shotgun) and the usual ammo pickups are lesser weapons, so that each player may have at it :).
    The custom power up has a 3 minute respawn with place at start = no.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

I loved Quake, and I download anything having anything to do with it, and this looks like a mighty fine representation. I always look for games that are playable and fun with a smaller party, perfect for when waiting for others to join in a party. I think that the only thing that could make this better would be the quake game traits, but I could always use my default quake gametype. Tell me kind sir, what traits do the custom powerup carry?

3. Nokterne

Nokterne Ancient

If you use his gametype, it will give the player a 300% damage modifier (mimicking the quad damage power-up). The rest of the settings in his gametype are also similar to quake (fast movement speed, bottomless clip, etc).

The map looks excellent, though it's a shame there isn't a way to mimic the fog from the original map. The lack of rocket jumping hurts too, but that being said, the map looks accurate from the screens, and I have to give props to anyone who is remaking stuff from Quake. I can see this layout working really well in small party games.

4. Jolan

Jolan Forerunner

Download the custom gametype to get the following:
    200% run; No loadout; No grenades; Bottomless clip; 90% jumps; 300% Custom Power-up
    Assassinations still work

5. tekgeekster

tekgeekster Heroic

Check out my map then.

Ps. Could use some help making a quake style gametype. I'm trying to perfect the weapon damage

6. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers Legendary

These posts are from 2011...

a Chunk likes this.
  7. tekgeekster

tekgeekster Heroic

Woops

HeX Reapers likes this.