Sandbox QiZTiQ v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by ZAXLAX 15, Aug 28, 2010.

1. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

Back Story
    -QiZTiQ was once the leading weapon supplier and manufacturer for the UNSC, now with the stockmarket crash, Owner's have blamed their problems on eachother and turned once close relationships into an epic battle held inside one of their testing facilities. QiZTiQ is known for their signature Black Star on all of their products

Description
    -
    An smallish-medium sized aesthetic map, Built to be a modern testing range for weapons
    -There are three levels to the map
    -Two lifts
    -Two catwalks
    -One tunnel
    -Two 'Bases'
    -There are two large open areas, one in the bottom level and the other on the second
    -A star!

Weapons & Equipment
    -Power Drain x1
    -Plasma grenade x4
    -Overshield x1
    -Battle Rifle x4
    -Needler x1
    -Rocket Launcher x1
    -Covenant Carbine x2
    -Mauler x1

Gametypes
    -FFA (max of 8 players allowed)
    -Team Slayer (3v3 Max)
    -Assault: One-Ball or Q-Ball (3v3 Max)
    -Capture the Flag (3v3 Max)
    I Advise that you use Br starts on all Gametypes

Now For The Pictures! :)

[​IMG]
    Overview 1

[​IMG]
    Overview 2

[​IMG]
    Overview 3

[​IMG]
    Lower Level

[​IMG]
    Lower Blue

[​IMG]
    Lower Red

[​IMG]
    Upper Blue

[​IMG]
    Mauler Tunnel

[​IMG]
    Mauler Tunnel Entrance

Download Links:
    QiZTiQ v2

Q-Ball (Assault One-Ball with a twist)

- This is my first Map post of hopefully many, I hope you download and enjoy! :) Please comment!

2. fluffyroks

fluffyroks Forerunner

This looks amazing but kind of breakable the star is a nice touch to your aesthetics on your map the map looks very smooth and the game play should be nice you have got an absolute DL from me. Hope your awesome on reach as you are on halo 3. hey give me back my snowcone. Your merging is top notch that from what i can tell from your pictures i may be wrong you may have quite a few bumps but it looks good Ill give you more feed back in a little while. Believe.

#2 fluffyroks, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  3. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

Thanks for the comment! and what was the snowcone about? haha.and as far as i could test breaking it, it is 100% unbreakable. and yes there are a few bumps, very small ones, they shouldn't affect gameplay at all :)

#3 ZAXLAX 15, Aug 28, 2010
  4. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

I played a 2v2, and that was a strech. I'm thinking 3v3 would be way too clustered. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you change from the first version?

5. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

From the first version i got rid of smaller blocks and added double blocks in there place (free'd up item amount space). Then i was able to make spawns for FFA and CTF.and i added the red and blue lights for color, i think that's it. oh!, and the sniper became a rocket.ha

#5 ZAXLAX 15, Aug 28, 2010
  6. siberian w0lf

siberian w0lf Ancient

The design and use of certain objects is very interesting. I just download and hope to try this out later. I have a feeling that the Z fighting on those long ramps will bug the crap outta me, but it's not a real problem at all and you shouldn't worry about it. Look out for this post to be edited with my review.

7. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

@cartoonwolf Thanks for your comment! but im not sure what you mean by Z fighting?

8. Vantier Raleigh

Vantier Raleigh Forerunner

I tested this 2 days ago

I tested this, i guess lol, with hatofwin (testers Guild) and a couple other people.
    I overall liked it. They complained about the starting spawns and the sniper.

I personally liked the map.
    There wasnt anything i would change about it.
    Replacing the snipe with rockets is fine but honestly i saw no problem with the sniper.

Most of the complaining the people i was playing with was about basic stuff that everyone complains about when they get killed.

5/5 because i had top score in every game we played lol, and because i like the map.

9. Nova

Nova Forerunner

Z fighting is that seizure inducing flickering that happens when two merged objects fight over the same space on your map. It's pretty much the same thing as the end of TimeCop when Van Damme kicks the bad guy into his future self and he (they?) explodes into blood bubbles. Yeah, it's that bad . . .

I dig the map and will DL once my 360 gets better and give more feedback.

10. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

@vantierX , yeah i got a few responses saying they would rather have a sniper, and some saying a rocket, and more people went with the rocket.so i fgiured more of the community would like the rocket,if the community would rather have a sniper then i can always edit this post and download link :)

@nova, thanks for the explanation, i thought z fighting made the map a little smoother, and when i was playing i didnt notice it too much so i dont think it should bother people too much

11. siberian w0lf

siberian w0lf Ancient

Well, there are ways to get a smooth map with no Z fighting. Usually it doesn't bother me too much, but the entire bottom half of the map had Z fighting so it was quite annoying. The other problem I noticed were the lifts. I don't know if I wasn't hitting the right spot or whatever but it seems like they weren't powerful enough and often you wouldn't reach where you wanted to go. Other then those kinda minor problems the map was fun to play on. So good job, and hopefully I'll be seeing a V2.

12. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

yeah i always get z fighting whenever i interlock, could this possibly be something to do with my connection? and yeah the lifts arent the most powerful in the world but a man cannon was a tad way to much in my opinion, if you jump into the lifts near overshield you should easily make it up(works for me). And may i ask if you thought the rocket should have been a sniper?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Woohoo! second page! :)

#12 ZAXLAX 15, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  13. siberian w0lf

siberian w0lf Ancient

The rocket launcher was fine really. And did you ghost merge? It just seems to me that I get less Z fighting when I ghost merge. And I'm sure connection had nothing to do with it.

14. ZAXLAX 15

ZAXLAX 15 Forerunner

yeah pretty much the whole map was ghost merging, it would have been impossible to finish that map in the amount of time i did (1 week).haha.and yeah im thinking about making a v2 very soon,well this is v2 FOR ME, not for forgehub. so would it be a version 3? haha :)