Foundry Pwndry

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Artimus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Artimus

Artimus Forerunner

[​IMG]

Pwndry
    Created By: Artimuz

Pwndry is a carefully crafted symmetrical Foundry map where most of the area is open space. There is a large array of weapons, equipment, and vehicles tactically placed across the map.

"After the orbital elevator got owned, supply warehouses sending munitions into space went into the schitter. 2-12 Players"

Recommended gametype: Slayer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download Pwndry
    Need more convincing? Click on the spoiler button for more images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Umm.... Is the point of this map vehicle pownage? Im having trouble visualizing what you want, but ill say that any vehicles on foundry usually fail and this map looks like hell for anybody not in the wraith, because its so tiny for such a behemoth and its also totally open so there is nowhere to escape it. Also, dont put pictures in a spoiler because then i have to scroll over for like five minutes to see all of my text...

3. Battleman36

Battleman36 Ancient

uhhh, the point of this map is? a description would be nice. and also how long did it take for you to make this map? i dont believe that you tooka any time at all into this map. sorry.

4. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Says the guy with boxes as a map, no offense. Anywho, I like the pallet bridge, been a while since I have seen that but unfortunately it is kinda hard to disagree with box *cough* *ahem* Battleman because I am sure the structure was the part you put a lot of thought into, but possibly not much else. I'm sorry but there is too much open space. Someone with BR Sniper (n00bs) or any capable and campable weapon could own everyone, save for the vehicles, which brings me to my next point. I'm really not sure why Bungie put the Wraith in Foundry, seems kinda silly, and a bad career move.
    Please make cover, I cannot stress that enough. If you really want the map to be that open, for cover, use mobile structures that can be knocked away easily like Barriers and stuff, so that way the Wraith won't R8pe everyone. I'd also make Immobile cover for where the team first starts so no nubs with the BR (You know who you are) can easily PWN the starting team. There's some suggestions for your map so you don't get anymore comments like these:
    As for me, I give this map a 3.9 for effort to make a sweet open vehicle pwnage map. Keep making maps and I hope this comment has helped you know what you can do to make bigger and better maps for everyone to appreciate. Good luck with your future maps and if you make a V2, I hope I get a chance to play it!

5. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

Just by looknig at it I can tellt here are problems.

1.) Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to open, even for a map with vechicles, if you are out of your vechicle in the middle, your pretty much as dead as a door nail.

2.) Since the map is so open, there cannot be really that many good spawns will will lead to Spawn killing.

3.) The structures seem sloppy and random, they do not really surve a purpose.

Pretty much, you gotta do the map over, it does seem like a very enjoyble map to play on considering the problems listed above. Try maknig a V2 of the map and hopefully it will come out better.

6. Artimus

Artimus Forerunner

The point of the map is to use your surroundings to survive. Not to run out blindly and get killed. The gauss hog is accessible 2 different ways: 1. By jumping into the window panel and then jump onto it, or 2. By wall jumping into the gravity lift. This map took me a very fair amount of time to make. If you want to criticize my map, make sure it is constructive.
    I appreciate it. To make sure I clear up all questions about the "open space" problem, the golden rule of Pwndry is "Stay out of the middle".