Purple Reign Pic!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Kapura, May 25, 2008.

1. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

loooks like a midship remake

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Midship didn't have a huge pillar in the middle of the map, so it's not a direct remake like Lockout

3. David 118

David 118 Ancient

maybe youre figting on around and maybe inside one of those massive covanant cannons?:rolleyes:

4. Hashmeer

Hashmeer Ancient

Looks kinda like midship but who knows.

5. Scott

Scott Ancient

I don't want a bloody remake. We have enough remakes. The only thing I want remade is Blood Gulch, which will never happen. Don't Valhalla me, Valhalla is a joke.

How about something new and exciting?

6. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Or, if they're building it from the ground up, they might not've put the roof on yet ;) thus, that is the interior, with no roof.

7. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

its pretty clear,that it looks like that that part form the campaign.
    Itll probly have a different story and some different features but i'd say thats where the basic design came from.

8. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

Urgh ... i wonder what that'll be like ...

*smells fail in the air*

9. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

Guys it not midship, its just the same color.

From last week's description this has to be purple reign through. Definitely a covenant themed arena map.

10. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

I think it'll be a big map
    not midship
    BUT IT DOES LOOK COOL

11. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

All we know is that it's Purple Reign. Heck, it could be a map in space, with winsauce space dogfights and battles, with Pelicans and Phantoms.

Na, Bungie's too lazy to make that.

12. Tex

Tex Ancient

*Safety bump for the good of threads.*

Yes, necro bump, I know, but there is no reason to continue an old discussion, in a separate thread.

13. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

If you guys would like to know about purple reign and the mythic map pack this is a post I made in a separate thread, I compiled this long ass post so give me some love here:

What I know/ think about the mythic map pack:

FROM A BUNGIE TESTER WHO CORRECTLY CALLED THE DETAILS OF THE LEGENDARY MAP PACK BEFORE RELEASE

Also bungie has already stated that purple reign is a completely original map, and I think we can deduce from the info given that it is a covenant themed arena style map. This may also be a picture of it:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=13931

If this actually is a picture of the map then I picture that part being the center and the ramps featured in the picture being the rest of the outside of the map that goes around the main center structure. If this is true that would be a pretty sick layout especially for a flag map. It seems like a cross between derelict and midship, and if the map is anything like the mental image I have of it, it will be amazing.

This bungie description kind of fits in along the lines of what I was thinking except for the part that what I'm imagining wouldn't exactly be an open air arena:

Now back to midship, assuming they don't change it up color scheme wise it will also be a covenant map which would give us potentially a covenant themed map pack. This would be fantastic considering we have zero covenant halo 3 maps. Whats also promising is the potential for a covenant forge map. This would be an excellent way to redo foundry because covenant maps look completely different from foundry and you could hopefully have some unique objects. Plus we have this quote from the last update:
    Now while this is all sort of wishful thinking there is a good potential for a bunch of what I said to be true. Lets just hope bungie doesn't **** things up.

14. Tex

Tex Ancient

If there was a new foundry, forgehub would go:

CRAZY!

Or at least, I know I would.

15. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

I think 89% of us would.

also since the other thread got locked I'll copy/paste my post.

Oh god. It looks like a remake of that Gemini map from Halo 2.

(Hated that map!) ~and I doubt if they do remake it that I'll like this one... (Though, I must say they might make it better...) Because in split-screen it was SOOO freaking dark around everywhere. Hard to see stuff.

16. stin10

stin10 Ancient

bugie already siad, purple reign is not a midship remake

17. Flames290

Flames290 Ancient

I wuld go crazy. I'd scrap themap I'm makign at the moment and start another one.

18. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

I expect a new map announcement in oh say I don't know, a few hours, considering today is Friday :)

Either that or next week they are going to reveal one of the new maps, although I'm not sure it will be Purple Reign.

I wish it was a Midship remake, but hey, maybe they can out do Midship with new, I mean, they did after all make Midship in the first place.

19. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

I know if these retards would read my long ass assessment of the mythic map pack they would know that.

Purple Reign and Midship in next map pack ftw.

Plus better foundry would add even more W.

20. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

it's halo 2's gemini all over again! YAY!!! :DDDD