Purification

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by iTz Longshot, Apr 17, 2011.

1. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

Purification

[​IMG]

Alright, so this is a small, asymmetrical, 2v2, map i have been working on for going on a month. It has been going through a lot of changes since day one of its first test, and some small tweeks from all the other 5billion games. Game plays been very smoothly lately, and you can get some intense action becasue of its size and two different levels. There is a Custom Power Up(CPU) that will give you one extra shield and you're white for 10 3 seconds so that the enemy knows you've picked it up. The CPU can be very helpful, but also easy to take out with a plasma pistol and a spiker. The two power weapons are a sniper and a grenade launcher. They're both on a drop spawn of 2mins. so you can always know when they respawn. In the map, there's some water deathpits that act as a risk/reward and just plain aesthetics. Any comments would be great. I would love to know what people think or should be done. I'm still trying to get a nice video, and I'll give a link to the map and gametypes for you guys to try out yourself. Please tell me what you think. Thanks

Update (4/29/11)
    The only changes from the original i had posted was some spawn tweaking that will be very helpful now, and changed the CPU time from 10ses. to 3secs. for a better "burn". They won't recharge if you were hit when picking it up. I was informed that there is an area where you can get some screen lag (In CTF(only?)) and i will get a look at that and mess with the map the next time I have a chance.

Download:
    Purification v1.1
    Slayer V2
    2v2 CTF v2

Bonus: (Thank you Nibbles)
    Purification: KOTS
    KOTS

Weapons:

DMR | 3 | 15secs.
    Needle Rifle | 1 | 15secs.
    Spiker | 1 | 60secs.
    Plasma Pistol | 1 | 60secs.
    Plasma Rifle | 2 | 60secs.
    Sniper Rifle | 1 | 120secs.
    Grenade Launcher | 1 | 120secs.

CPU | 1 | 120secs. (place at start: NO)
    Plasma Grenade | 2 | 30secs.
    Health Pack | 2 | 15secs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slayer Setting
    Score to Win: 25
    Primary: DMR
    Secondary: None
    AA: Sprint
    CPU Trait: 2x Overshield(1extra) | Forced Color - White

CTF Setting
    Flag Return: 3secs.
    Flag Away Return: 15secs.
    Flag at home: No
    Score to Win: 5
    CPU Trait: 2x Overshield(1extra) | Forced Color - White

Bonus! KOTS
    No, that wasn't a typo. This is King of the Sniper. The great NIBBLES created this gametype, and it's fun for FFA. All you have to do is grab the Sniper, gain your points and stay alive. The controler of the Hill/Sniper as a bottomless clip, so you spam all those shots you want to keep your snipy. Other players have DMRs with infinite ammo, but no secondary and no grenades at start.

KOTS Settings:

Base Player:
    Ammo: Infinite
    Grenades: None

Hill Traits:
    Damage: 110%
    Ammo: Bottomless
    AA: Unable to use
    Points to Win: 200
    Rounds: 2
    Time: 5mins.

#1 iTz Longshot, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

I can't be sure, but your third pic looks like something I tried on Parallel but ultimately scrapped due to budget and lag issues. Nice work if that's what it is, should work nicely on a smaller map.
    Speaking of map size, I don't usually like smaller maps, but I like the feel that the consistency and color of the blocks provides. Looking forward to trying it out.

3. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Don't tell anyone, but this is my favorite of the 1v1/2v2 maps for the [Top Secret] (You know what Im talking about Longshot). The map plays great and has a really cool "calming" look. I still wanna try 2v2 flag here sometime...

4. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Hehehe, member when I beat you 19-4? :) Great map, my favorite, as Duck said, too.

5. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

Mk. I have it 100% ready for Team Slayer. I have yet to try out the new spawns for Flag, and i want to try Oddball and KOTH. Get back from Hawaii already :)
    *sigh* I dont know how many time i have to tell u my connection was horrible, plus a new HD tv i wasnt use to. (i figured out i play better on 720HD cuz there's no slight lag)

Glad you guys enjoy it. I really want this to be my best map. I have high potential for it. It will be a finished map Erupt :)

6. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

This map is ridiculously awesome looking. We should have a 1v1 on it some time. :)

#6 Noxiw, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  7. MattKestrel

MattKestrel Ancient

Pretty sweet map. My only concern is that since some of the water can be walked on and some of it can't, and given that these contrasting areas are placed right next to each other, there could be some unnecessary deaths. But you've definitely improved this aspect since the first draft, so kudos for that.

8. I Black I Eye I

I Black I Eye I Ancient

looks incredibly awesome, love the style of this map, and the gameplay looks fkn nice :D
    i will definitely download this :) greetz phil

*bookmarked* xD

9. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

Yeah, I keep adding and taking away railing in that area. I think I finally decided not to have it. It's easier to see the little platform. The railing on the side will stay.
    Umm ok. Thanks. I'll get download link, and a video or two soon. I keep procrastinating on that. Plus for a really good game.

10. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Wow, sounds like I get to help with spawns when I get back from vacation. *sigh* Someday, people will learn how to create their own spawn systems.

11. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

I got it now, for the most part. Don't you worry. lol

Oh, and by the way, I hate the new roof on this map. Just to let you know.

EDIT: Felt too harsh, I'm gonna soften it up with a nice <3

12. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Hey! I think I played on a version of this map with you. It was overall pretty decent and I am looking forward to you releasing a completely finite version

13. Yevah

Yevah Ancient

Not doing any blamming or map stilling, just thoughts of inspiration. But I couldn't help to notice that it seems as if you got a lot of inspiration from itz nexn's adequent map. Where the power weapons are on ledges in water, i really like it. it's a cool idea. This seems rather larger and i would like to help test flag if you wouldn't mind?
    itiedium is the gt

14. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

I do have to say, Aqueduct was an inspiration to me. I thought the risk/reward for the power weapons was a great idea. I think that is the only thing that I got an idea from really. I do have a lot of aesthitics of my own, and i really hope it stands out so the two maps don't seem to much in common. But thanks. I'll send u a friend request, and I'll get you in a some games.

I took it out <3

15. Marinealver

Marinealver Forerunner

Nice, like the water effects. I see it looks like some are not leathal. It is always funny how Spartians can't swim.

16. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

Thanks, and yes, there is a grid there so it shows the water, but you're able to walk on it. much like a window. and yea. weird, but it' a game.

Put a new picture in for some fun. I think it shows one of the cool aesthetics it has :)

17. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

I've truly enjoyed playing on different versions of this map. 1v1s are always close and FFA seemed pretty fun aswell. 2v2 needed some work spawn wise, but other than that you've got a great layout that anyone should be able to enjoy.

18. Wienermelon

Wienermelon Forerunner

Great Job. Aesthetic wise, I love the way the water is set up, and the antennas on the health pack is a very unique touch. I also love how you have to jump to get the CP. Most maps don't require you to jump anymore, which is sad. The weapons work like a dream and the layout is very easy to learn. Great Job!

19. iTs_NeXn

iTs_NeXn Legendary

Looks really nice. It reminds me a lot of Aqueduct, which is a really good thing. I love it when people try new things and then continue to expand on them. I'll run a few games next time I'm on. You should add me so we can run a few together.

20. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Yo dawg make everything colored blue. Other than that, I likey.