Pure Fear map pack

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by SilverSlayer117, Nov 21, 2008.

1. SilverSlayer117

SilverSlayer117 Ancient

Pure Fear map pack

By: SilverSlayer117
    help by Knepper2012

Players: 2-8 (recommended at least 4)

Description:
    The point of each of these maps is basically Hide & Seek. There's a player who's randomly selected to be "It" and they are locked in an area for two minutes. During that time the other players must grab whatever guns and ammunition they can find and hide.

Contains four map variants and one gametype as follows:

Each map features:

• "It" player (Alpha Zombie) locked in area
    • 1:30 warning dimmer/ door appearances
    • 2:00 minutes to hide
    • Limited (sometimes hidden) ammunition
    • Hidden areas on Pure Fear I & II
    Due to time and space, I'm only going to post pictures of Pure Fear maps I & III.

Pure Fear I

Alpha Zombie "It" starting area

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Warning dimmer/ door appearance
    [​IMG]

2:00 are up! You better be hiding!
    [​IMG]

Pure Fear III

Starting area for Alpha Zombie "It" and players

[​IMG]

Warning dimmer/ door appearances
    [​IMG]

2:00 are up!
    [​IMG]

This is my first submission to ForgeHub so any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions on better spawn places, gun placements, or "It" area changes would be even better.

2. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

okay it is a nice idea but how much have you really done to the orignal maps, except delete and add a respawn place cause 1 i cant see it
    2 the pics dont show it

3. DieHardAssassin

DieHardAssassin Ancient

Seems ok, but I think this would become very annoying and boring for the person that is it. It is almost impossible to find people when it is extremely dark on some of those maps. You might want to give the "it" some type of abilities, such as fast speed, enhanced radar or whatever.

4. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

its great but the bit where the lights go out completly

great idea,,, annoying as hell even if you are it!

but still well done again
    good map play them again

5. SiN Fwang

SiN Fwang Ancient

it would be better if you added more pics of the maps. unless there's nothing different about the rest of the map. if that's the case, then i'm a little disappointed.

This was a great idea when the Legendary Maps came out. Utilizing the Color FXs to make a scary or creepy environment was a new idea back then and was widely explored. However, now, it's gotten to be a little old and "overkilled," if you know what I mean. Too many people try to make these maps, and they all seem the same. If there was some amazing aesthetic aspect to the map, such as an incredible structure or something.

Overall, I give you a 2/5. Next time, make your map a little more original.

Keep on Forging!

6. Trifslap

Trifslap Ancient

I know you can't get screenshots of the other maps but could you possiblay leave a description or at least some sort of diagram done in paint.

7. SilverSlayer117

SilverSlayer117 Ancient

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it.

I don't think I explained enough of it to give a proper idea of what really happens. The "it" person has good camo and can move faster and jump higher than the other players. I have played too many of these maps where the person who's "it" can be easly spawn killed or camped, so I wanted to change that.

When the person who is "it" finds all but the last person, an indicator pops up to help the game speed up. The scoring I've tried to balance between more points for killing the person who's "it" and less for finding the hidden players, since theres obviously going to be more hiders.

And lastly, in response to Sin Fwang's comment, I admit I didn't construct an amazing structure on most of these maps (besides Pure Fear II where there's a seperate base hiders can run to where theres ample place to cover yourself. There's even a two-story room there where a turret protects the bottom floor and a shield protects the "it" person so they can come from above.)

I obviously mis-judged how much I need to explain so I'll make sure I go into more detail next time, and will also put up more pics that are more helpful. I just want people to have fun in different, new, and exciting ways! Good luck out there!

8. maddflash

maddflash Ancient

From those pictures, the maps look very good but I need to see more pictures, to show the true gameplay of this map.

3/5

9. piekiller

piekiller Ancient

i really think that hese are some of the better hide maps but im sorry im just not a fan of not being able to see

[​IMG]
    90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.