Pulled Pork is Beyond Overhyped

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheLunarRaptor, Aug 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TheLunarRaptor

TheLunarRaptor Legendary

I have never understood why it is so hyped up whenever it is brought up. I never hear anyone talking about it outside of cookouts. It's such a mystery to me.

I love pork, but pulling any meat apart makes it so dry. I feel like pulled pork is even decent because of bbq sauce, but so many things can be decent when slathered in sauce.

This crucial issue is compounded by the fact that if you bring this issue up in a public setting, someone HAS to say "aww man you just aint had my pulled pork!".

They are WRONG. It might be marginally better, but by pulling pork they have already made a mistake.

Pork when it isn't pulled is juicy and has flavor.

Pulled pork apoligists back off. Your sandwich is NOT better. BBQ is the only thing carrying your STOOPID sandwich.

2. TheLunarRaptor

TheLunarRaptor Legendary

Pulled pork enthusiasts enjoy playing on Standoff.

3. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Legendary

Hmmmm.... good point

4. LazyStudio

LazyStudio Legendary

mmm. How moist are you expecting pork to be? I mean I live in the south and some of the pulled pork down here melts in your mouth. Also there are many ways to have pork you don't have to have it pulled that is how some people prefer it. Many restaurants serve it plain without sauce and you have to add it yourself. You should try some of the grill masters on the side of the road all over the south. Great food man.

K a n t a l o p e likes this.
  5. purely fat

purely fat The Fattest Forger
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The problem with most pulled pork is that it isn't cooked properly and uses the wrong cut of pork. Outside of the south and some parts of the midwest, people often use pork loin which is a lean cut and cook it too hot for too long. Proper pulled pork comes from the the shoulder and is usually cooked 6 hours+ on a smoker with a dry rub and let me tell you Lazystudio has it right. It is melt in your mouth smokey goodness.

K a n t a l o p e likes this.