Proximity

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Jun 4, 2010.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

8.5%
  2. Okay

2.1%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

23.4%
  5. Great

66.0%
  1. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

[title=By RightSideTheory][​IMG][/title]

Proximity
    Created By: Rifte

Recommended Players: 4-8
    Recommended Gametypes:
    MLG Team slayer, Team King, Team Oddball

In a drought produced by the ending of Halo 3's lifespan, you'd be hard pressed to find a map that is truly sensational. As time charges on towards the launch of Reach, interest in Halo 3 customs dwindles. It requires a spark to reignite the passion a community once had for Halo. Normally, the feature write up would be comical and lighthearted, however this would not do justice to a map such as Proximity.

Proximity, a producer of shock and awe, has really done it's part to revitalize Halo 3. Originally a 2v2 map, Proximity has gone through transformations to now preform well in the 4v4 MLG scenario. Proximity is a tight quarters map with a lot of height. For fans of the Reach map Sword Base, Proximity provides a similar feel but in a more well rounded sense. On behalf of the Forge Hub staff, I can wholeheartedly say that Proximity is an impressive map from a Forger who has developed his talents excellently over the years. Congratulations Rifte!

#1 chrstphrbrnnn, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

wanna know what the best part is? He's at a party right now. reason being, it's his freakng birthday today. lol he'll love it when he sees this probably tomorrow morning...

3. a0puncfan

a0puncfan Forerunner

I love this map more than any other XD its just so perfect! from the flow of it all to the style and atmosphere created by it. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

4. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

God man, talk about one HELL of a feature. And this guy i beleive, just got his second feature as a birthday present. What a great day for Rifte!! Congradulations buddy!!!

Best map ive seen in since i came back here btw ;)

5. Xang

Xang Ancient

Epic feature. I wonder who was the one who had the great idea to nominate this map for feature, o yea, it was meh, I think. Loved testing this map mostly because it never got old, great job Rifte.

6. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I have returned. Feeling okay (at least I can still type lol). it wont be the case tomorrow morning though unless I get this stuff out out of my system :p

Anywho, I never thought my first competitive would get featured here... thanks for the fantastic bday present forgehub!

2000th post :D

#6 Rifte, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  7. PatchworkZombie

PatchworkZombie Forerunner

Fantastically forged map and a well deserved feature. Love the curved borders with the columns makes for a great aesthetic touch. Has the mood of that map Waterworks from Halo 2 with the curving walls, only a lot smaller.

8. Col Keller

Col Keller Ancient

NOW THIS IS FORGING! people take notices this is how its done!

my god that is beautiful...

9. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Rifte haz MLG?
    Meh, good job either way, congratz. It looks sick, I'll have to play some games on it some time this weekend.

10. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

This looks quite nice with all them columns. I love it actually. I ain't no MLG playa but I might be after thiz.

11. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

ZOMG FINALLY A NEW FEATURED MAP!!!! [/offtopic]

From the video and the pics, it looks like the forging is nice and clean, and so is the gameplay. I'll definatley give it a DL [/two-thumbs-up]

P.S. How in the world did Rifte have enough objects to make that, when I don't even have enough left over to add more weapons to my small asymmetrical/symmetrical map (most are power weapons)?!?!

12. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

MLG doesn't really require a lot of weapon variety, so most of the weapons are OLN (except for sniper and mauler). In addition to that, I tend to use my OLN objects first so I always have plenty of non OLN objects (Proximity for example is out of budget but there should still be a decent number of objects left)

13. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

Yuss. This map r teh awesome.

I'll stop trying to beat GOW2 on normal just for this map. Even I *cough* suck *cough* at MLG, I'll go super try hard and get a party together for the hell of it.

Great job rifte.

14. xHoBoSNiPeR

xHoBoSNiPeR Forerunner

i'll give it a DL :p

15. TrustierToaster

TrustierToaster Ancient

conngrats rifte.. i dont like MLG but this is still cool. it's so different from most of the other maps out there.

16. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I'm touching myself.

That says a lot.

17. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I think all it says is that your hands are untied.

18. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

For liberty and justice for all.

19. xHoBoSNiPeR

xHoBoSNiPeR Forerunner

great map ^^
    DL'd it and ran a bit around, and it's just awesome! it really deserved a feature

20. heavenseven77

heavenseven77 Forerunner

A mother ****ing plus, 10/10