Sandbox Proximity

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Rifte, May 26, 2010.

1. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Proximity
    Author: rifte gifle
    Players supported: 4-8
    Gametypes supported: MLG Team KotH, Team Slayer, Team Oddball
    Download Link: Proximity

Originally a 2v2 map, Proximity has gone through dozens of major changes over the course of a couple months and is what you see now. At first it played regular team gametypes and was initially inspired by Construct (There are several different features about the map that are similar to construct). After I stopped working on Proximity for a bit due to events such as the Reach Beta, I started getting into MLG more. I decided to transform Proximity into an MLG map and even used MLG Construct as an inspiration, specifically King of the Hill.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped test/gave suggestions and special thanks to Urban Myth, AceofSpades and MultiLockOn for helping out with various aspects such as weapons, spawns and map layout suggestions as this is my first competitive map.

Map Video
    YouTube - Proximity; Halo 3 MLG map by rifte gifle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download Link
    Proximity

#1 Rifte, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. prong23

prong23 Ancient

This map looks delicious. It seems very balanced and like it has very fun gameplay.
    I'll DL and get back to you with a hands-on criticism.

BTW: I saw Urban take a no-scope like a champ in the video =D

3. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

Thanks for showing the clip where I missed two sniper shots.. really makes me feel good.

No, but really. I had a great time playing on this. Its nicely balanced, and very fast paced, which I enjoyed. You could never really stay in one place for two long before someone overpowered you. Thats another I really like about it, skill set players apart, if you are good, you'll do good, and vice-versa. Not many maps these days has that specific quality.

4. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Ah yes, after many hours of testing and playing with weapons and spawns, you finally got this posted.

Youtuber, I agree. This is true because "I TOTALLY OUT BR'D YOU BK!!!!" in testing. :D

Anyways... The map has brilliant structural aesthetics and layout (mix of close quarters and open environments). You would have to be a complete FOOL to not download this map.

5. TrustierToaster

TrustierToaster Ancient

i was just playing this a couple days ago!

even though I don't like MLG this map is still a very fun map, I prefer oddball personally than the other gametypes. I would like to see this on the front page, good job for your first compettve map!!!

5/5 your thread and video are sexy to!

#5 TrustierToaster, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. Xang

Xang Ancient

Very good map, Im glad that you finally got around to releasing it. Since this is your first competitive map Im really impressed on how well everything turned out, all you had to do was fix a little things here and there and it turned out to be a great map. I know who im gonna nominated for a feature... Yes, its you!

7. ThunderSpartan9

ThunderSpartan9 Ancient

this is amazing.....u brought us an erratic mlg map..thts fit to pwn all...good job 6/5:)

8. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

I remember testing this with you many times. I love the map. The design very much reminds me of Construct in the way that it is divided into a main upper half and a main lowerhalf in which all link up to eachother.

9. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

So the map exploded by 500 downloads overnight... explanation now?

#9 Rifte, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  10. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

I can’t download this interesting and promising map can someone helps me out. Somehow it has over 3000 downloads and I'm the one stuck at transfer failed :(

edit: got it from a friend.

#10 Fritzster, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  11. WarZombie

WarZombie Forerunner

Looking forward to trying this one out. On Fileshare as we speak :)

12. Csquared

Csquared Forerunner

I know it's been out a while, but I'm trying to go through my collections of maps and fix em up for upcoming LAN events and such. Anyways, I've noticed a flaw in the map, well..a flaw in it's perfect symmetry which I think you were aiming for. The walls separating bottom mid from either side of the map are not the same. One is straight while the other curves inward.
    On another note, some of the forging is a little sloppy; the floors are pretty nice, but I'm very picky about smooth walls as well, and there are a few bumps here and there.
    Of course, Reach is on the horizon, so I'm not expecting a v2.
    Other than that, I can definitely see Construct in this map, and since that is my favorite mlg circuit map, I really enjoy playing on this map as well!