Project X

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by chrstphrbrnnn, Feb 8, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

11.5%
  2. Okay

2.9%
  3. Average

6.7%
  4. Good

25.0%
  5. Great

53.8%
  1. MichMaster32

MichMaster32 Ancient

I really like this map. i was skeptical at first but i looked at the original thread and i see that it has a lot more than meets the eye. this map reminds me when i was first forging and me and my friend would just build big bases. of course your map is a lot better put together but its got that feel to it. 4.8/5

2. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

This hadn't gotten featured around the time of its release? I thought it did and that I just missed it. Well, at least it's featured now. I love this map. The gameplay is magnificent and runs really smoothly which is what matters and it is carefully made. I love it and I'm glad it got featured.

3. stp-3251

stp-3251 Ancient

My 1st message

Hey shad0w, this is my 1st message and I would just like to say that I really like your map project x, carry on making more.

4. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

I just remembered.

I took those pictures. Lol.

5. Toofgib

Toofgib Ancient

Wow Ive seen unoriginal maps before but this takes the cake
    what makes it so special it has 2 bases a middle bridge part and a side base thing big deal who cares if it has amazing merging and geomerging its not hard to do, choose more wisely when picking features

6. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

I guess thats opinion, but at the same time...

You may think that, but the ABC Crew was one of the first to really take advantage of such great merging and geomerging, and if you play/look at the thread and map more, it is a lot better of a map than you give it credit. Plus, even though it was featured only now, it was made a long time ago... like, months and months ago. April, back when all of the geomerging and interlocking and advanced forging methods were just being developed. Its maps like these that set the bar for future maps.

Hence how in the beginning of this thread, it says nostalgia.

I for one have played on this map, and others by the ABC crew and to say this doesnt deserve a feature is just a misled comment.

You haven't been here long to have played and seen Project X when it first came out, but I can't think of a map that deserves a feature more.

7. Toofgib

Toofgib Ancient

Well ive played this map alot at least 20 good games on it and ive played it before it became featured because my friend got it off here a while ago, theres just nothing that interests me that much Its really fun to play on and stuff it just seems like alot of other maps Ive played

8. JAC Overlord

JAC Overlord Ancient

Nice feature. Are the mods really running out of good maps for features? Weird. Anyway, this map is a very neat map. I like the mancannons, and the simplicity of it.

I agree, this is a very good oldie.

9. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Must every shun, and insult this map? You say the mods are running out of good maps to feature, that is implying that this isn't worth it.

To everyone who disagrees with this feature. It happened, it is done. Most people have forgotten the full-fledged purpose of a feature, to get the map recognized. It is the staffs way to endorse, and recommend a map to the whole community. To many people feel Aesthetically pleasing, and up-to-date maps are feature worthy. As Zstrike (Pigglez) said, the main intention for this feature was nostalgia. To bring back something long deserved of a feature, but never gotten the chance.

As to the map. It plays perfectly. Balanced weapons, unique spawns, and coherent geometry. Nothing on the map is un-balanced, and flaws are un-published. I'm glad this finally got its limelight, regardless of its timing. This will always be a FH classic.

10. JAC Overlord

JAC Overlord Ancient

I didn't insult this map, I was asking if the mods were really running out of good feature worthy maps. It's a very good map, but it is older, as I was pointing out.

11. killamnjaro

killamnjaro Ancient

overall it is great, no amazing! sure i found a few exploits such as if you go in the mancannon the wrong way youll end up on top of the base and you can do a very simple trick jump to also get on top after doing a quck step first.
    but other than that as Tony says (kindof) thear GREAT!

12. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

In some ways, because people seem to believe crazy geomerged, unconnected structures will garner them a feature. It's all about simplicity and great gameplay. People need to create maps players can understand, and pick up quickly.

13. GrizzledDwarf

GrizzledDwarf Ancient

I Love Project X. Perhaps one of the best symmetrical ever made.

14. C0RRUPTl0N

C0RRUPTl0N Ancient

Looks amazing, I loved all the other project maps. I'll get a better feel after playing a few games on it.

15. Arguntomsback

Arguntomsback Ancient

Pretty cool map I guess hmm very interesting design

16. bq ftw1

bq ftw1 Ancient

this map has been making its way through the forums for a long time, sall it's forum a few times but never got around to actually downloading it, im not a big fan of semetric maps with a few exceptions of maps with extrodinary gameplay but i checked this one out anyways, wasn't great but it wasn't bad its nice to have a non MLG semetric map for once but again semetric maps really aren't my favorite maps to play on so my opinion is kind of byased but ill give it a great on the poll anyways mostly because it is a well forged map and im sure you speant a lot of time on it so it deserves the great - congratz on the feature

17. MAYBACK5

MAYBACK5 Ancient

send this map to me mayback5 no caps

18. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

Send the map to you? Why don't you just click the download link? It links you directly to the Bungie.net download.

19. Xytan

Xytan Ancient

Nice job on the features of the map. Pretty interesting design.

20. BlueMasterChief

BlueMasterChief Ancient

looks good, looks good for gameplay, it deserves the feature, grats! you should add more pics though