Project Alpha

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by CaptainSnowy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. CaptainSnowy

CaptainSnowy Ancient

Background/Discription:
    This once prosperouse ONI facility has fallen under the plague of a covenant virus hidden among one of the captured covenant weapons crates. This virus has taken control of the staff here and driven them mad, you and your team have been sent to the station to exterminate the infected individuals, Good Luck Security Team 09.

Because of a complaint from one of my friends that helped me do basic testing there is two varients of this map, Project Alpha, and Project Alpha Daytime. They are exactly the same except the Daytime varient has no FX effects to make it night out.
    Link to Daytime Varient Download: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

[​IMG]
    Complex A on the left and Complex B.

[​IMG]
    This is where the humans spawn, Its called The Docks and you could camp here but zomies will very easily kill you either by rolling into you or by jumping down from floors above.

[​IMG]
    A picture of Complex Alpha, the main complex with three floors in this order: Human Spawn(The Dock), Red Room(Lobby), Blue Room(Warehouse), and Green Room(The Cave).

[​IMG]
    A picture of Complex Bravo, the secondary building with three floors in this order: Zombie spawn, Yellow Room(Labs), Zombie Spawn/roof.

[​IMG]
    A quick view of Red Room from the entrance connected to The Docks(Human Spawn). Gives you a view of the chairs, and the security checkin. In this room there is a grenade launcher under the back chair, and a rocket launcher under the chair closer to the door, there is also a medpack and a shotgun behind the checkin counter. Also in the back left cornor inside the checkin booth is an airvent leading from The Warehouse to the Checkin counter to prevent camping.

[​IMG]
    A view from the top of the staircase tower. Theres a rock sculpture in the middle of the tower to make it easier to use the stairs and harder to be shot or stabbed. Also at the top of the tower is another Zombie Spawn. The tower has five inlets/outlets. All three rooms, The Lobby, the Warehouse, and The Cave are connecter on the inside of the staircase. While on the bottem floor theres a door on the left that takes you to the bottem of Complex B. In between The Warehouse and The Cave there is another door that leads to The Labs.

[​IMG]
    Heres the lovely Warehouse. The picture is taken from right ontop of the door conecting it to the staircase, in the picture on the right wall is a tunnel connecting it to a ramp that connects to Complex B. Also connected to this room is a mini cave, if you follow the windows on the left side of the map you come to a small cave entrance which you enter and fall into a tunnel, its a good place to hide but to make it harder to camp in I added a back door.

[​IMG]
    My favorite room in the entire map is this, The Cave. by the time I got to this part of the map I was almost out of cash and had a very very limited budget so for cover other than giant piller in the middle of the room I added a strut connected to the wall, a 'Cover Corination" upside down for a wall with very little strateigic value, and then a small wall of two struts back to back.

[​IMG]
    This is a view from the back of the map showing the system of bridges and ramps that connect Complex A to Complex B.

[​IMG]
    The Labs is made of two 'Room Triples' connected together. Above this is a zombie spawn, behind it is a tower that connects to the zombie spawn below and to The Warehouse in Complex A.

I have not been able to get a big enough group together to test this properly so official testing IS STILL NEEDED.

#1 CaptainSnowy, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  2. TheCatsPajamas

TheCatsPajamas Forerunner

Hey the map idea sounds pretty good but a description of the game type would be nice and you need to fix your pis they're not working and unless you do your post will end up getting locked(possibly deleted) if u need help with picture embedding there are tutorials here on forge hub. But other wise I will download your map now and ill get 10+ layers to try it out some time soon and ill let you know how it goes.