Project: 1eve1

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by NlBBS, Mar 28, 2011.

1. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Project: 1eve1 is a map I started about a week ago and have slowly been tweaking it with the help of friends. I wanted to take a stab at making a smaller map and I feel like it came out pretty decent. Competitive maps aren't usually my thing, which is why I'd appreciate it if everyone DL's the BETA version of the map and gives it a quick run.

Quick clip showing the beginning of a 1v1 match:

[bungievid]15865373[/bungievid]

Project: 1eve1

2. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

It looks pretty cool. The evade jump to sniper was awesome. The grass/tincups under the camo looks bumpy if your try to walk on the other pathway. K.O.T.S might be fun on this :) I'll play this with the peeps. whats the recommended player count?

3. Blackout8SIX

Blackout8SIX Forerunner

This opinion is solely based on the video. I like the layout of this. I enjoy smaller maps and this one has that Wizard-esque feel to it. I wish I would have had this to play Saturday with my friends so that I could have given you some gameplay feedback. This is exactly the type of map we like. I'm not sure how complete the map is, but it looks good so far. I like the middle area. It has that Guardian/Lockout/Blackout feel to it. Rock gardens are a bit overdone, but it does break up the inescapable use of gray. At least you didn't put them in two small circular ramps like I see forgers have done in a lot of maps (including myself in some unreleased maps of mine). I like the aesthetics and the use of items. The teleporter frame barely sticking out for the GL spawn is one of those nice touches that doesn't always get noticed.

4. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Well, I'd recommend 1v1. BUT, if you don't mind non-stop action then you can try 2v2.
    (just keep in mind the map was designed for 1v1, but 2v2 isn't terrible)

EDIT: I wanted to get some overhead shots of the layout, but my computer is still acting up.

#4 NlBBS, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  5. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

I call shenanigans. You played against Zero.

The clip didn't show much, but i'm assuming its super small.

6. iTs_NeXn

iTs_NeXn Legendary

Looks pretty sweet bro. You should head over to here and see if you can get any testing done on it. It seems like a good start for a design, but I can see some problems with it just from the video. I'll add it to my usual 1v1 lineup and get back to you.

7. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

It is smaller but it plays a pretty comfortable 1v1. Maybe if you played Reach instead of WNBA 2K15, you would've seen it already.

I appreciate it. Feel free to play it with whatever gametype you want, I usually just play it with DMR starts and 1 starting nade.

8. Ticky

Ticky Forerunner

I have played a few games on this map and i have to say the mini layout works fine and it works the best for FFA IMO. 2v2 is intense and quick action but sometimes a bit crowded. Maybe you should experiment with changing the camo with an OS in the middle and adding a long spawn time. Just an opinion, it might change gameplay a bit and maybe you could have seperate variants, one with camo one with OS. Fun map though. Some intense sniper battles.

9. SpecterCody

SpecterCody Ancient

I love this, so simple and beautiful. You added some nice aesthetic touches too which is great.

10. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

The 2v2 was WAY too hectic for my tastes. Hell, I thought the 3-man FFA was even pushing it. I'm going to have to stick behind this map supporting 1v1 and nothing else. (Unless you want chaos)

The map should look even prettier by the time it's released.

11. CitrusAbyss

CitrusAbyss Forerunner

I have yet to play on it, but I agree with what SpecterCody said. The map has a very smooth and simple allure to it, and I really like the balance of open areas with the towering presence of the tall walls sectioning everything off. It's, quite honestly, a very elegant map. The details are subtle but profound at the same time, from the sniper ledge to the railings around the rock garden to the little notch which you jumped on at the end. It looks really great! But I'm maybe I'm just an awe-struck newb. :O

12. Evade

Evade Forerunner

Looks sexy ;)