Sandbox Process : Damnation Remake

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by II Synthetic II, Mar 9, 2009.

1. sSENSE

sSENSE Ancient

Wow, a damnation remake. I was thinking about making a damnation remake when I was getting the maps. Hang em' high, damnation and chillout were my favourite maps in halo 1. But bungie made a remake of chillout and it was terrible -_-
    I have never played halo 2, so i'm not sure if they put that map on halo 2.

I see you made the waterfall/overshield area, the plasma rifle room etc. It kinda does look like damnation but i'm not sure if you had enough monery but halo 1 maps were alot more wide, and i remember boxes being in the bases above the ramps. I'm not sure if you did want to make an exact replica of the map, but the map looks prety good. I can't really judge it because I don't even have the mythic map packs but 4/5.

2. D4ni3l G

D4ni3l G Ancient

I just played it, and i have to say that it isnt too bad, the floor can be a little bumpy in places and it's missing the waterfall, but the walls, doors and other parts realy give it the feel of the old damnation.

#22 D4ni3l G, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  3. Rated Dirty

Rated Dirty Ancient

Very good remake brother.

GamePlay

I played a few slayer games on Process. I must say that walking around this map brings back some very good memories. This map reminds me completely of Damnation. 4v4 slayer matches provides intense gameplay that is constant and magnum starts is soo fun! Battle Rifle seems to control over the map. The close-medium combat is perfect with it. 2v2 can also be used.

Aesthetics

I enjoy walking around this map because of all of the aesthetics. High walls with an open ceiling is one of my favorite types of maps. The red and blue lighting really brings the maps out. It still gives me that covenant feel when I play it. That would be cool if you found a way to remake the waterfall lol...

Forging

You did very well forging this remake. I was very pleased it wasn't a crappy Trainee map using no interlocking or thought what so ever. Like you said it could use a polish, but all in all well done!

5/5

~Rated Dirty

4. II Synthetic II

II Synthetic II Ancient

Due to some recent thievery of this map. I have decided to go back into it and rework some things. I have had some requests for Classic Weapon sets, along as some general housekeeping of some of the rougher areas. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys

5. RunTime83

RunTime83 Ancient

Very good job on this remake. Will be keeping this one for a long time. Look forward to the next version if that's what you're working on.

6. katix88

katix88 Ancient

nice map, good to have some competition for the forgotten treasures contest.

7. II Synthetic II

II Synthetic II Ancient

Thanks man, your remake is nice aswell. Maybe a collaboration of the minds will wield the perfect damnation remake.

8. AX7Irish nade

AX7Irish nade Ancient

WOW this map looks really nice i cant wait to play it tomarrow! really nice job
    Oh and welcome to forge hub i am also new :) iv been downloading from here for a while and just recently joined

#28 AX7Irish nade, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. WREX

WREX Ancient

I thought that this map was very cool. I liked Damnation from Halo 1. I don't like how there aren't any outer walls, but I know that there are limitations in forge, even on sandbox.

4/5