Sandbox Pro-pball 09

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by ThA n0oBsTer, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ThA n0oBsTer

ThA n0oBsTer Ancient

This is a paintball map i have recently created on sandbox, i tried to capture the feel of a real-life paintball field. You can download the map and gametype from my file share (first post hopefully that is allowed here) and you might be able to see in one of the pictures that you also have to pick up plasma rifles at the beginning of the game. It has a snake, car-wash, big dorito, and some smaller doritos and most important dead box/ starting area. Hope you enjoy!!! Btw i have more in the making !!
    As for the game-type i have one called NPPL(a proffessional paintball league) so i decided that that name was appropriate. It is set on instant kill and you pick up plasma rifles at the beginning, 1 life, only works on even teams because you get 1 point per kill and i think that is it

Halo Downloads-My file share (i also have other paintball maps/ my slayer map)

WITH HELP FROM THE CREATOR OF THE BASIS OF THIS MAP- runNOKYARDrun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 ThA n0oBsTer, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. Xang

Xang Ancient

It looks quite nice, but i have a question. Did you by any chance have permission from the creator of the griffball high map to use the field of it, because im pretty sure that you used it.

3. Action Jacksson

Action Jacksson Ancient

Welcome to forgehub! First of all, you need a link to the download in you're post. Secondly, I'll give you some tips on your map.

As far as I can see, the spawns aren't going to work. They're all right next to each other, which makes spawn killing very easy. Also, try to explain what you mean by "snake," "carwash," "big dorito," and "smaller doritos" (or use captioned pictures). Other than that, I like the concept. I think, however, that you should add more cover and make a gametype to go along with this map called "Paintball," with special settings. After that, post this map in Mini-Game or Casual Maps.

4. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Yea you should seriously give credit to the maker of that Grifball map. When you do, I dont think many people will enjoy the map very much.

5. Age of Humility

Age of Humility Ancient

To insert a hyperlink you just highlight the text that you want to have the link attached to, press the icon on the top of the text box that shows the earth with a chain link below it, then put the url address into the box that pops up. Hopefully that helps.

6. ThA n0oBsTer

ThA n0oBsTer Ancient

thankyou that helped

7. E.R.SLiM

E.R.SLiM Ancient

well this is a very well made paintball map. when i get my xbox back from repair ill try this map out.

8. ThA n0oBsTer

ThA n0oBsTer Ancient

Hey thanks i try

9. Mr Garfunkle

Mr Garfunkle Ancient

Looks pretty cool. I recognize the snake and a few other areas that are actually used in paintball. What's the deal with the base of the map? Is it geomerged into the skybubble? Well done.

10. ThA n0oBsTer

ThA n0oBsTer Ancient

the floor is actually under the grid by doing some stuff that i dont feel like explaining right now but if u pm me i can explain more

11. NOKYARD

NOKYARD GrifballHub
    Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

i don't mind if people use the map as a basis for their creations - as long as it is not used for a Grifball game variant - everyone knows how difficult it is to make a smooth floor on Sandbox, this map can save you the bother

once a map gets put on Bungie Favorites everyone knows where it came from, it at this point i don't even care if i am credited, as long as the they don't claim to have built the entire map

12. Kitten Stomp

Kitten Stomp Ancient

Dude me myself being a big paint ball fan (my brothers have spyders) This map is totally awesome cant wait to play on it!

13. cazking7

cazking7 Ancient

Paintball is elimination, it wouldn't be fun if they spawned. Snake, carwash, big dorito and smaller doritos are terms used to descripe speed ball bunkers in paintball.

The author of this map should put out an elimination gametype for this map.

14. ThA n0oBsTer

ThA n0oBsTer Ancient

If you read my post it says you only have one life and you can download the gametype as well as the map

15. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

Ok, you probably should not give advice if you have no clue what you are talking about. In real paintball (which you've never played) the whole team only has one life and they start out in the same spot, from there they get to rush up to the obstacles which are actually named "snake" "carwash" etc.
    So, its kind of hard to "spawn kill" when you only have one life, and this map is already posted in the Mini-Games section, so your post is 100% useless.
    Dont post if you dont know what your talking about.

16. ThA n0oBsTer

ThA n0oBsTer Ancient

Thanks for the backup

17. albaquerkie

albaquerkie Ancient

Its funny cause noobster clearly stated that he had made a paintball gametype. So obvioulsly jackson didnt read the post. And for the fact of little cover, I helped make this map with noobster and there is alot of cover.