Remake Prisoner

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Ix_Atticus_xI, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Ix_Atticus_xI

Ix_Atticus_xI Ancient

So back in Halo 3's forge prime, I actually tried to do a Prisoner map a few times, and failed to do so while being under the limitations of Halo 3’s forge. So with Reach opening up a whole new world of possibilities, I wanted the first map I put out to be a tribute to my favorite map from the good ol’ Halo: Combat Evolved.

This map has been done for a long time, v2 was uploaded to my fileshare in October. So this has been done for a while now, and has been posted over at MLG, but i just never got around to putting it up here.

So here you go; a remake that kept everything as completely original as possible, as in scaling, weapons, and spawns, while trying to tailor it towards Reach also.

==================================================

Convict v2!

No more stupid frame rate issues!!!

Changes:
    - Replaced all the brides that i used as catwalks with "Brace, Large's"
    - Reduced a ton of Z-Fighting
    - Added the little steeps above sniper/flag
    - Revamped the ramps
    - Replaced a lot of pieces to help with screen lag
    - Made the Camo to Rocket jump possible
    - Added teleporter frames to all teleporters
    - Changed the "Large Window" with railings

v2 pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download it now!

#1 Ix_Atticus_xI, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

You released this at an unfortunate time since there are like three remakes of prisoner on the first page right now, but this looks like a good one. Many of the others seem to sacrifice frame rate for perfect aesthetics but I think you made the right choice of priorities. One criticism I have is if if you have pieces left you should add something to cover the undersides of the upside down bridges. It makes it easier to jetpack without getting stuck under them. I know it seems idiotic to get caught under them but you may as well close them up if you can.

3. Ix_Atticus_xI

Ix_Atticus_xI Ancient

Those pictures at the bottom are from v1, and the bridges are no longer there. Maybe that was a bit confusing. Haha. I will take all the v1 stuff out of the OP to clear that up.