Premise

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by AceOfSpades, Mar 3, 2011.

1. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Premise

[​IMG]

Premise, Premise, Premise... OH YEAH! PREMISE! This inverse symmetrical map just so happens to be my submission to ForgeHub's very own 2v2 Throwdown. Premise was a product of one of my epic forge seshes (Is that the plural for "sesh"?) where I put together a map in a single day. I know some of you probably read that and gasped aloud awkwardly to the rest of your family sitting in the room with you watching some boring reality show where James hooked up with Jenny but Mike liked Jenny too but Mike had gotten Samantha pregnant so Jenny didn't trust him... sorry. Anyway, you probably gasped, "ONE DAY!?!?!? IT MUST BE AWFUL!!!" Well I assure you my bad-taste-in-television friend, it is not... what was the word you used? Awful?

No, it is not awful.

There's weapons on this map. They hurt people and cause destruction. Get your permission slip signed by mommy by Monday.
    2 Sniper Rifles
    2 Plasma Pistols
    1 Rocket Launcher
    1 Evade
    2 Health Packs
    2 Pistols
    2 Needle Rifles
    2 DMRs
    4 Plasma Grenades

These images show you kids what this here map looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Th-th-th-th-th-that's-that's all folks!​

#1 AceOfSpades, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    Blaze likes this.
  2. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night

Testing this was such a blast, Ace, it really was. The layout is immediately intuitive, and the weaponset just rocks. The aesthetics are pretty snazzy too, especially the flooring theme. I'll go ahead and snag your first download.

3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Thanks Kuroda! I'm glad you liked it so much. For the layout, I was actually originally going to make this more of an asymmetric, room-based map, but decided to stem from what I had and make it inverse symmetric, which I really think was the right decision.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

4. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner

Can't see why not more people have posted on this fine piece of art. Ace, you always seem to make maps that are quite architectually sound. I like that you used a simplistic idea on this map and didn't go overboard with aesthetics. Hard to believe you're not an architect. One thing I think might be a bit of a problem would be cover; Is there enough cover on the bridge? If so, that would be good. It seems like the testing was good, so there probably aren't too many problems. Good map man, looking forward to seeing more.

5. PeteTacular 42

PeteTacular 42 Forerunner

This map is so well made, and to think it only took you one day... you are a true forger! Nice idea with the flooring visual too! I just saw that this map has won for the ForgeHub 2v2 Throw-down. That's awesome! A definite dl for me, as I love to play 1v1 friendly maps.

6. AtlasIsShruggin

AtlasIsShruggin Forerunner

I love the layout of this map, it kind of reminds me of condemned a bit. However there are a lot of sight lines in this map and feels a little too open. Especially from the middle. You have quite a budget left, why not come up with some neat structures to put in the rooms? Break it up a bit.

7. A Killing Pie

A Killing Pie Forerunner

Looks like an awesome map! Don't know how you can come up with something this awesome in one day! Also, funny paragraphs. Great job, you can count another download and recommend.

8. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Map post has been updated with the official version for the Throwdown contest. Please redownload to update your version.

9. Sugar

Sugar Forerunner

I guess I will comment since I have played it. Gameplay felt very quick and all depended on who moved quicker and who had better skill, which is why I lost terribly... as usual lol. Simple layout but a neatly forged design that defines halo multiplayer in a unique way, All in all, I liked it.

10. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

11. SPL4TTERMAN

SPL4TTERMAN Forerunner

Looks and play great. Usually I get bored big Grey/Arena maps, but the consistant use of 2x2 Blocks and the Ramps give this map a really nice Aesthetic flow, along with that fantastic gameplay. Another success.