PPC - Post Party Countdown

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SargeantSarcasm, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Orange

Orange Ancient

im not saying we should be allowed to say it, but i mean its kinda a weird topic, i guess we could go off saying "no slurs against minorities", but the reason that word is a bit different than others is that nobody really casually says things like the n word, but people say that f word a lot. i dont want to offend anyone who is homosexual. the only thing is, is the context of it can be joking, for instance things on 4chan like newfrog and things like that, it has no intended offensive meaning to it usually.
    either way, if sarge wants to abolish it from this society he can if he wants to. im not entirely against it but its somewhat of a change seing how often its used as a joke.

2. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Morally, I am on Texans side cus censorship is complete BS. Like, the N word is just slang for Negro, and if it weren't for slavery that word would be nothing more than what it is.... a word. I'm not condoning it, and I would shoot someone else in the foot for saying it, but that doesn't mean it deserves special treatment. I completely agree with you and wish I could take a stand on your side. Restricting vocabulary is a joke, because GRAMMAR IS MEANINGLESS! /Nietzsche

But, this is the internet. You have no rights, so you should use much kinder words. Like *****, ****, or ****.

(lol matt, saw your post afterwords :p)

3. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

Guys, Sarge is just trolling us, obviously.

4. Orange

Orange Ancient

oh yeah we know hes just good at it so we go along with it

5. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

I loathe censorship in general, which is why I was lax on the standards. But like I said, this was always a part of the rules you all agreed to follow, but you guys got used to the status quo and started taking advantage of it.

So it's gone and back to the original setup.

6. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

By that then I could get all gay people banned from this site because them being here imposes on my right to have nothing to do with them.

The rule you guys keep invoking when you're infracting people is 'insulting to other members' am I right?

Well, who determines the insult? shouldn't it be the person it's directed at and not someone that had nothing to do with the conversation?

I'll give you an example. Camo calls me a Frog. I see it for the joke that it is and laugh and tease him back.

I'm certainly not gay. As far as I know Camo isn't either so where is the insult? Are you going to infract him for an assumed insult on someone that probably didn't even read those posts? Or are you going to realize that it is just friendly trolling between mates?

That is the line. If I were to call Reynbow a frog, and by context y'all figure out that I am attacking his life choices, then fair enough. I'm insulting him for being gay.

Maybe I should start reporting all your incest jokes about Chuck then. Someone here might come from a family of incestuous folk and take offense.

7. Orange

Orange Ancient

what the **** are you trying to argue youre not gonna win waylander
    FORFEIT THE GAME, PUT YOUR NAME TO SHAME, COVER UP YOUR FACE THE PACE IS TOO FAST YOU JUST WONT LAST

8. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Not so much funny, but what actually happened a couple nights ago.

[​IMG]

9. Orange

Orange Ancient

hey guys marijuana im cool

10. SargeantSarcasm

The people who made the site and enforce the rules do. Like yoyo said, you have no rights on the internet, you have only the privileges people on the sites give you.

There's a reason I get away with what I say, and chuck knows it pretty well. I strongly imply **** without actually saying it. The only people I directly insult are trolls or idiots on their way to getting banned. Direct substitution =/= implication.

That's all the time I'm willing to waste on the matter.

11. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

Just because we agreed to the rules doesn't mean we agree with the rules. You can censor us if you can come up with a better argument than because the rules said so, or it offends gay people, but I don't think you can. So I'm going to keep calling people frogs, and I assume others are to. I'd rather be banned than censored.

#29151 Mischgasm, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  12. SargeantSarcasm

I took the Occam's Razor approach. I don't need to use any other convincing arguments because I don't need to convince any of you. This is the way it always has been and you guys just took advantage of me being nice so now you're bitching about it reverting to normal.

And if you want to go that route, then I'm going to infract you. Simple as.

13. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

I'd rather be censored than banned.. honestly.

14. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Hey [​IMG] whats goin on here? I heard I can't call anybody a [​IMG] so I guess I'll resort to calling [​IMG]s by a new name, preferrably [​IMG]s but since that is outlawed too I guess I'll go to [​IMG]s

#29154 stouf761, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  15. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

Wabbits.

Wabbits everywhere.

16. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

'Sup bunnies.

17. Orange

Orange Ancient

ahahaa lol so funny pictures you made ur sentens so funny lol xDDD

18. SargeantSarcasm

Since it wasn't clear, substitution is not allowed because people made the jump from "frog" to f*****t. This happened multiple times. None of which were infracted by me. Tried being nice but you guys kept going.

19. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Call I say "ribbit" still?

20. SargeantSarcasm

yep. indirect.