Sandbox power surge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Lucky Spazz, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Lucky Spazz

Lucky Spazz Ancient

Power surge

[​IMG][/URL]​

About the map
    Power surge is the second map that i have created. it is also the biggist (so far). it can support up to 6V6 (though it is tight) and is the first map which i included warthogs on. It is a simple disign which is symmetrical and features a giant "T" structure in the middle, forcing wartwogs to go around the map and slowing them down. Also it features a fuelrod gun instead of a rocket. I figgured i would like a map with different weapon layout instead and it wont terribly overpower the map. The map ideal for symetrical gametypes especialy flag and bomb games. ​

Now for Pics
    Red base spawn.
    [​IMG][/URL]

the other side is the same.

Below Base (warthog Spwan)
    [​IMG][/URL]​

There is also a plasma rifle and spike granades on the far side wall ontop of the tillted arches. ​

Snipe/flag/bomb balcony
    [​IMG][/URL]​

The snipe has one spare magazine and there is one in each base. also the spawn whatches over the fuel rod gun spawn. ​

Fuel rod
    [​IMG][/URL]​

The gun only has one mag. and is in the top mid over looking the street below. ​

Mid street(below fuel rod)
    [​IMG][/URL]​

The stree is the only part of the map which you can drive on.​

Mid choke point.
    [​IMG][/URL]​

for those who walk the choke point is alot like the middle key hole on avelanche with the exception of no vehicles.​

side/carbine balcony
    [​IMG][/URL]​

This watches all of the middle on each side. also leads directly into the base. ​

Back hall (with broken colum)
    [​IMG][/URL]​

The hall way is a safer way (from the vehicles) to travle on foot. there is a flame thrower in the middle. and BRs on both sides. ​

action shot
    [​IMG][/URL]​

failed blue assult
    [​IMG][/URL]​

Red's retreat is blocked off!
    [​IMG][/URL]​

Or is it blue who is retreating?!
    [​IMG][/URL]​

hope you enjoy

2. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Gotta say I'm loving this design, it's unique, it's got style, and there are some things you've done that I haven't seen in alot of maps. Interlocks may need some touch up though, probably won't affect gameplay much but it would look better and atract more attention. I'll DL now, I'll forge through it later, and possibly give you some feedback by tonight.

3. Prodigious 7k

Prodigious 7k Ancient

It looks like a pretty awesome map. I will downlad it, just please put up a pic of the whole map, showing the layout of it because from the pics you have you cant see the design of the map as well as i would like.

4. VIBlackDragonIV

VIBlackDragonIV Ancient

First off congratulations on your post actually working the way it should. Most on their first few posts cant get their pics embedded or only have a sentence for a description. You did very well. You have a lot of pics but an overview pic is extremely advisable. I know it can sometimes be difficult but it is better to try. Also I know you said that CTF and Assault gametypes are supported and Im assuming slayer is too, but are there any others?

5. Lucky Spazz

Lucky Spazz Ancient

I suppose territories would work well along with king of the hill. however i never placed any of the objective spawns for the two i just mentioned. and yes i will update with an overview pic.

6. Meteor

Meteor Ancient

Looks like my style of map, but I can't really tell because you don't have an overview of the map. Please post one and I might DL.