Power Plant

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Lone Heretic, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Warning: this is a preview and I am working on it currently, due to this it is due to change, therefore the images may not be fully accurate, I will try to update them when possible, but I am still busy wit other stuff, please keep this in mind when CnC-ing, thank you for reading.

UPDATE: alrighty, so just thought I'd let it be known that this map is now being cocottes by myself and mr frisk, both of us are rookies at forge though he has made a few maps, all of which I recommend, this was originally a solo project though after all the help he's given me and after a session of co-forging, well, yeah, it's a co-forge project! The inspiration of this map came to me when I first saw tempest, I loved it all, but when I saw the EMP ray I knew my power station-esque map idea had to go here, we have decided that it will have a VFX on it, and we genuinely think that it helps the map, but for those of you who don't appreciate VFX we will add a VFX free one as well once the map is finished. So far the on map equipment consists of:

4 DMRs 2 Ex clips
    2 Needle rifles 2 Ex clips
    1 Needler 2 Ex clips
    1 Plasma Pistol
    1 Magnum 2 Ex clips
    1 Shotgun 2 Ex clips
    1 Rocket Launcher 0 Ex clips
    1 Sword
    2 Frags
    1 AR 2 Ex clips
    2 Stickies
    1 Plasma Repeater
    1 Spiker 1 Ex clips
    1 Plasma Rifle
    1 Machine-gun Turret
    1 Plasma Turret
    2 Health Stations
    1 Concussion Rifle 0 Ex clips

PLEASE CnC, it is still in it's alpha build and it is my first real map, for these reasons, I need as much feedback as possible ;)...

«•PICTURES•»
    Yellow Top, home to the shotgun, two telleporters (with a surprise) a health station, 3 DMRs, an AR and a magnum.
    [​IMG]
    Yellow Lift, in front of the Rocket spawn, home to a lift, a DMR, and a Human Turret.
    [​IMG]
    Yellow Mid, home to two Frags, and a tactical jump (the light)
    [​IMG]
    Rocket Spawn (Behind lift)
    [​IMG]
    Shotgun spawn and two malfunctioning teleporters, they're fun, trust me ;)
    [​IMG]
    Purple Top, home to a Needler, two plasma grenades, a plasma turret, and two Nifles.
    [​IMG]
    Purple bottom, sword spawn, a health station, a plasma rifle and a Spiker, teleporter leads to the one in Purple top, two way.
    [​IMG]
    Purple mid, home to a concussion rifle (behind the barrier) a plasma pistol (on the ramp) and a plasma repeater (open side of covvie crate)
    [​IMG]

#1 Lone Heretic, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Moved to Forge Discussion

3. mr frisk

mr frisk Forerunner

It looks nice. I'm a bad judge when it comes to looking at pics to tell if a map is good. But It does have the appeal to make me want to DL it. I'll get a better look in forge mode to see it and how it flows and everything.

4. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Yay someone commented! Thanks frisk, that'd be cool, hey are you good with spawns? Cause I could real.y use some help with them, strangely enough, in invasion, I'm fine with spawns, but in everything else, I just can't get it right.

5. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

the purple room with the sword looks insanely campable, especially in oddball. One entrance, with an energy sword in. Shalt not bode well!

6. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Haha, sorry, themes mah crappy camera skills at work, there are actually two entrances plus a teleporter, second entrance is identical to first but on other side, thanks for the input though.

7. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

I don't have Tempest, and I won't vouch for, nor do I have anything to say for the intregrity of the gameplay on this map. However, I think it's one of the coolest looking maps I've ever seen. Period.

Your color scheme is phenomenal, the blending just feels right. Of course, I'm only supplying a basis set on aesthetics, but this map looks to be such a work of art.

#7 Confused Flamingo, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  8. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

It does look cool but you should have made it on forge world.

#8 Elite Warrior5, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. mr frisk

mr frisk Forerunner

Alrighty, after about 20mins of getting the flow of the map down in unsprinted forge mode, I think I got it! haha, your malfunctioning teleporters are great! At first I was like, wow, he did an amazing job at making this look exactly the same...=]

I think it's nice over all, but there are minor changes (only due to personal taste in a map) that should take place. For example, I love your Brace Tunnels and how you actually made use of the tunnels, however, (and I know this is a B to change because it takes away the aesthetics/you have to move things around a lot) I think at some point there should be 1 if not 2 side entrances into said tunnels to prevent the map from being so linear. Alternate escape routes are always nice when you're taking precision weapon fire. I know the distance isn't that long, but it's still enough to change the the gameplay if you give an opening or 2.
    The area in the first pic is lacking something. Not really sure what it is just yet. I'm gonna send you a Friend Request (seeing as we've done everything but that!) and show you. I like this map a lot. It only needs minor changes (and spawn points!) to be ready. Then you can release a playable version of it.

That and these pics dont do your map justice. =] Some of them make it hard to tell what's happening, but I know the feeling with that. I hate the pic taking part of showing off your map!

#9 mr frisk, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  10. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

Looks reather lovely. Also like how you used tempest instead of forgeworld for this map. Look forward to downloading it. :D

11. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Wow, thanks, that means alot cimmin from you, thanks I appreciate the input.

Thanks bro, yeah, like I said in the summary, that is a concern that limits it's potential, however I really wanted it to be on this map and didn't feel it would work on forge world.

Thanks Frisk, yeah the teleporters are fun, I can imagine someone chasing someone else with the sword and just about to follow them into the telleporter when he gets assasinated by his prey, Humm, I hadn't thought about those tunnels like that, maybe I will, as I can see a little passage into middle purple from opposite the health pack going nicely and same on the other side, yeah the top pic does seem lacking somehow, I thought of adding cover but I can't really see where without cluttering it, I'll see if I can think of something though, as for the spawn points and failure screens, I'll see what I can do, I can't really see team games fitting into this map, maybe swat or infection, MAYBE, but other than that it just feels like an FFA map to me, for this reason I'll probably add team spawns last if ever, as for screenies I'll do my best though I really have no skill for it, maybe I'll ask someone else.

All in all, thanks for the CnC, it'd be cool if we could talk sometime, I think powers will change this maps flow greatly, maybe it will do well for a classic game type, I'm not sure.

Thanks, can't wait for your feedback, hope you enjoy it, as I said though, the spawns are not yet up as I don't have much experience or knowledge of them.

#11 Lone Heretic, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  12. mr frisk

mr frisk Forerunner

The last time I worked my gaming schedule around a crazy time difference like this was when my brother was stationed in Korea! But now he's in Afghanistan and there's no gaming involved. A challenge, but I'm used to it. I'm gonna send you and invite (or you me) and we'll pop into forge/custom/whatever you're in the mood for later. Give this map a test play and all that fun stuff.

13. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Ah I see, cool, so yeah anytime tonight's fine, though my mum'll make me have a break for dinner some time around one-ish your time.

#13 Lone Heretic, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  14. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

Hey when you too are done tell us how it all worked out. :D

15. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Yeah definitely, sorry for the long wait, he's just really busy and we're in different time zones, but we'll make it eventually, eheh, sorry for the pun...

16. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

What pun? :confused:

17. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

but we'll make it eventually, eheh, sorry for the pun... Like, in forge you make stuff, and I as saying we'd make it eventually but now in other sense of the word...

......... Y'know what, nva mind...

18. mr frisk

mr frisk Forerunner

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I've been meaning to. I should have some free time tonight or tomorrow. I'll see if you're on. (or you me) and we'll make it happen!

19. Lone Heretic

Lone Heretic Forerunner

Haha, indeed, well, I'm fre and I'll be on for most of tonight since I haven't lately, by the way, on your map vagrant, you know the building with the falcon spawn well I was just playing on it and on that building all around the falcon spawn, below and above and in the air around the building on the sea side, idk, maybe it was just me, but the map was going schitsophrenic, it was like the entire map was glitching in and out of the light map and was covered in Z fighting, don't ask me why, I've never seen something like this before, just thought I'd let you know...

20. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

lol. I hadn't even noticed that.

Yeah too bad my account is silver at the moment otherwise I would be glad to help.