Sandbox Power House

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by The Mild One, Sep 8, 2010.

1. The Mild One

The Mild One Ancient

Halo 3 map: Power House

description: This is a precreation of the map Power House form Halo Reach. It was designed to mimic the gameplay and style of Halo Reach. Certain portions of the map have been changed to either look more aesthetically pleasing, or to play better in Halo 3. It is meant to be a representation of the map Power House before it was completely developed. The actual map can support anywhere from 2-16 people at any given time [6-10 players recommended].

Supported Gametypes
    Team Slayer
    Slayer
    Oddball
    CTF
    Infection
    VIP
    Juggernaut

Recommended Gametypes
    Slayer Pro
    Halo Reach CTF

Weapons
    2 carbines
    7 battle rifles
    1 needler
    1 shotgun
    1 sentinal beam
    1 gravity hammer
    1 rocket launcher
    1 bruteshot
    6 plasma grenades

Equipment
    2 regenerators

Send Halo 3 out with a bang
    Considering it is now less than a week until the official release of Halo Reach I am releasing my map to the public. I built this map for both those who want Halo 3 to go out with a bang and those who will still be playing after the launch of Reach. Halo 3 is still here and I want to rock out on it all the way till Reach. I hope you will enjoy playing on it for the last couple days of Halo 3, so without further ado I give you Power House.

View 1
    [​IMG]

View 2
    [​IMG]

View 3
    [​IMG]

View 4
    [​IMG]

View 5
    [​IMG]

View 6
    [​IMG]

View 7
    [​IMG]

View 8
    [​IMG]

View 9
    [​IMG]

If you would like to use this map for a final Halo 3 custom game night the links are below.
    Here is the link to download the map.
    Here is a link to the Slayer Pro gametype.
    Here is a link to the Halo Reach CTF gametype.

#1 The Mild One, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

This map isn't up to standards. Here is a tutorial on how to embed screenshots in your posts.

3. Lyles

Lyles Ancient

This map is a near PERFECT remake of Power House.

I bet you have been working on this for a LONG ass time :3
    GOOD JOB!

I dont see anything you could add besides maybe a juicy effect or some lighting. But it looks great. Nice job dood!

4. luckiesnipes

luckiesnipes Ancient

Excellent remake and congrats on brig the first and probably only person to post a reach remake. Dl fosho and if ur name is a sponge bob reference double win all the way

5. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

THis is the most accurate representation of powerhouse so far (even if it isn't all to scale) Do you think you can create a normal slayer game for it. I'm sorry I am a hardcore AR fan and plus it is a silly suggestion cause I can make my own.

*edit* Lolwut? I didn't know Slayer Pro wads AR magnums. My bad But I will make a DMR slayer pro game for it though lol

#5 Zow Jr, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  6. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Woah this is cool, in fact this is a great Powerhouse Reach remake. My only problem is it looks like you focused more on buildings instead of Powerhouse's open environment such as trees and rocks. I can see a few rocks but it needs a little bit more. Other than that everything is great, a bit smaller than I remember. I always loved powerhouse because of how it played stock pile. I would fly with the magnum and steal a flag. There was a covy plasma gun (forgot what its called, kill me) on the Stockpile zone near the powerhouse. You can just add a Plasma Rifle there. Map is great.

7. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I played it, and the spawns sucked, the map was awesome, but spawning was horrible, the starting team started in my sight (almost) and some respawns were in horrible spots.

If you need help I'm more than willing to help.

But I thought it looked Incredibly similar to powerhouse.

#7 MetaWaddleDee, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  8. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Indeed the spawns were kinda bad and I noticed it in gameplay too. MAybe move some spawns or delete one object thats not necessary then replace it with a spawn. deff get someone to help

9. The Mild One

The Mild One Ancient

I have changed the starting spawns a little, so could someone download the new map in the post and tell me what I need to change.

10. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Oh yeah the spawns are definitely fixed up significantly. No more spawn camping with the rockets for me or my friends. :(

11. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

I'm sure someone is willing to join a party with you and work out the kinks with the spawning (e.g. Metawaddledee). You can always get this tested at the Tester's Guild as well.

Looks like you did a damn good job with the map. You owe it to yourself to test it and polish it up. Good work.

12. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

This is prob going to be an only remake of a reach map on halo 3, it looks very like power house and im pumped to get a game on it, it looks amazing very clean and like others have said that the spawns needed changing i hope now that there alright.

13. Jay Rockn Weezy

Jay Rockn Weezy Ancient

Amazing Remake Just amazing, But is it necessary as Reach is 5 Days away?

14. Wingsofhalo

Wingsofhalo Ancient

Its pretty good anyway, for those who are going to continue to play H3 when Reach comes out.

15. Arctic Hunter

Arctic Hunter Forerunner

Looks good and clean. Almost exactly like the original. Great job!

16. The Mild One

The Mild One Ancient

This map is necessary considering it was made for the people who aren't neccessarily moving over to Halo Reach immediately.