Posting H3 Maps to ForgeHub in 2017

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Faulk Smash, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Faulk Smash

Faulk Smash Ancient

10/10 aids.jpg

Weapons:

Add these:

+ Assault Rifle
    + Battle Rifle
    + SMG
    + Magnum
    + Plasma Pistol
    + Plasma Rifle
    + Needler
    + Covenant Carbine
    + Sentinel Beam
    + Plasma Turret
    + Missile Pod (Not available on every map, I think)
    + Flamethrower (Not available on every map)

Remove these:

- Plasma Launcher (Halo: Reach)
    - Focus Rifle (Halo: Reach)

Canvas:

+ Avalanche
    + Standoff
    + Rat's Nest

Those are the main 3 canvases that you can actually make decent maps off of (other than Foundry and Sandbox obviously, but those are already there), but it would be nice to have every multiplayer map. I've made maps on Blackout, Sandtrap and even Isolation. More is better here. :)

Supported Gametypes:

Remove Hivemind. (Halo 4)

Add whatever else would go here I guess lol.

Download URL: You have to use the in-game "Find Player" option to download maps/gametypes and screenshots. Unforunately... Thanks 343.

Remove this entirely.

#1 Faulk Smash, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. Ascend Hyperion

Ascend Hyperion The Homeslice
    Staff Member Forge Critic

I guess you decided to ignore my response to you in the shoutbox, which is fine. Making a forum post is a better place for a more permanent response :)

We recently changed over to better servers but the change jumbled up and moved some stuff. Unfortunately, we don't know about the issues until someone brings them up. Since people don't really post Halo 3 maps in 2017, three iterations of forge later, this one could have gone completely undetected. Thanks for letting us know :D

The team is looking into having these issues fixed. Thanks for you patience.

MultiLockOn, Faulk Smash and Nitro like this.
  3. Nitro

Nitro Guilty Spark

I figured out where these changes need to be made. I will report back here when I complete it. Thanks.

MultiLockOn, Faulk Smash and a Chunk like this.
  4. Faulk Smash

Faulk Smash Ancient

I didn't ignore anything, I just come on this forum once every 9 years. Wtf lol

MultiLockOn likes this.
  5. SIR IRON WOLF

SIR IRON WOLF A Floating Lightbulb
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic Senior Member

Thank you for pointing this out and adding in what needed to be added like i asked you when we talked, it made it a lot easier to update the fields. Not everything was updated though since some categories like the supported gametypes are shared across multiple games no matter which you pick so for right now that isn't going to change. All the weapons were added and i also went through and added in all the maps, so all 24 should be there now. Also Halo 5's options should be updated here shortly as well.

Sorry it took a while to get this updated but I got really busy and it slipped my mind

MultiLockOn and Faulk Smash like this.
  6. Faulk Smash

Faulk Smash Ancient

Wow thanks. Doesn't matter that you just updated it lol. There are only 3 of us that consistently forge H3, and I think I'm the only one planning on posting them on here (if I even get around to it lol).

Thanks for doing that though. Much appreciated :heart:

#6 Faulk Smash, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    MultiLockOn, SIR IRON WOLF and Nitro like this.
  7. SIR IRON WOLF

SIR IRON WOLF A Floating Lightbulb
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic Senior Member

Yep no problem, some of that stuff needed updated anyways, eventually i might get around to doing the other games if someone wants to submit a map for an earlier than H5 game and an option ins't there they need/want. As long as people are still submitting maps for a game we will do our best to make sure it is updated.

For your H2A comment in the shout box we don't have a category for them separately since they aren't in high demand at this point to warrant a separate section so just put it in Halo 2. If something is missing from the options like weapons or maps then just let me know.

Faulk Smash and MultiLockOn like this.