Sticky Post Your Desktop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fbu, Dec 6, 2007.

1. emo asian girl

emo asian girl Ancient

Re: Post your desktop!

i wwant that background with the world lights and stuff but i dont want to pay for it -_-

2. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

I can see why the average user would think that macs are better (I dont know if you are or not), but you get no options. You can choose between about 5 computers, and whenever theres a program like iWeb, or Keynote, all the themes are cheesy and lame. With a PC, average things like email or browsing the web may be harder, but the possibilitys go way beyond a mac. Everything is built for PC. With a mac, you are forced to buy apples products.

Anyways, not to get off topic.....

3. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Wewt... and now back on topic...

my desktop still has the same bg...

4. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

You know that they plagarized half of their stuff, right?

5. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Who cares? Kidding, I actually didn't know that. I don't really know that much about computers, so I really have no place arguing with you all.

Mooregames since I only use my computer for work, music, and internet really, I don't need to buy all the software and stuff for games and what not. Again, if I really wanted to get past the apple product limitations, I could just fire up boot camp. All of my friends that know a lot about computers despise Mac's, but for a casual user like me, it is great and so user friendly. All of the simple but beautiful features have me hooked on apple.

Getting back on topic... wait isn't this the off topic forum?

Emo asian girl, I shelled out the cash between me and a couple other people and it is worth it IMO. You actually have a background that can do something, it doesn't strain your eyes to see stuff on the desktop, and you don't have to worry about changing your background.

6. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

My last point, Yes, it is good for casual users, but I hate people that have them because "OMG! IT's sooooooo thin! And it's white! I love white! OOOOOO My friend has one. I hear they are in. Can I have one? Plz plz plz plz plzp plplplpzplzpzlpzpzlpzzlzplzplz??????". Basically, I hate conformists and people who have to have the "in" thing... ugh. Not saying that is you though...

7. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

I have that same pet peeve. I have had mine since last year, and I was one of the few in my school with one. Then, Mac's were like wildfire, and people were buying them left and right (mainly females). I go to a very rich school, so it made the Mac "fab" seem a little more inflated. The worst part is how all the girls at my school only ever use them for the webcam, whether that be photobooth, iChatting, or making movies. It seems like it is the only reason they have them.

8. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

You wouldn't believe it, but people in my school actually talk in abbreviations, and spell out 'p-l-z', and other things.

All people do with Macs anyways is taking pictures of themselves, and iTunes. How irritating.

For teens these days, it's like reverse natural selection.

Wait, let me fish around for it...
    Got it.
    Apple TV
    Intel Inside
    iPod Commecial (Lugz)

9. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Gahh quote frenzy. Anyway...

I dont hold anything against mac users, I just think that people should relize the value of PC's. They can do a lot more, but just because macs are simpler everyone uses them. Every single computer at my school is a mac, which kind of bugs me. I just dont want everything to switch over to mac in ten years from now.

To try and keep it somewhat on topic (and off) I will post my desktop. PC's can look good to!

[​IMG]

It took a bit more work to make it look nice (hack) but I like how it looks now. Im in the process of making a new desktop pic in Photoshop, so I'll repost once its up.

P.S. Zunes are better. Sorry but its true.

10. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

has anyone noticed that this has gone way off topic?

11. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

zomg! They stole from the Postal Service!!! How dare they!!! I am mad now... should I create a new topic so this one can get back on track? I think I will...

Anyway, my desktop is the same as before, but I'll repost it:
    [​IMG]
    I have actually changed a bit, just got some new programs and took out some icons... Oh well, I'm too lazy to post the latest one.

**Background By SKCRISIS**

12. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

I ended the quote frenzy. I understand your reasoning for not wanting Mac's to take over. But, the reason you say Mac's are inferior is they can only use Apple Product, but if they ended up switching all to Mac's, all those cool features that PC's have and Mac's don't will be available for Mac's since they are leading the way in computers.

I find it funny how you guys are worrying about getting off topic in the off topic forum. I don't think we have to worry about a topic over here getting locked. If you really want to, make an PC vs Mac topic so this thread can get back to desktops.

Also, on your desktop screenshots, I wonder who created the toolbar? Hmmm...

13. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Pshh, its not like it was apples idea or anything.....

Heres my new desktop pic, I didnt make it though.

[​IMG]

14. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

It burns opo! Turn it off! lol... a bit too colorful for me...

15. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Warhammer 40,000 FTW​
    [img width=800 height=500]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2852/desktopmm7.jpg[/img]

16. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Mooregames, would this be better?

[​IMG]

For anyone that needs a wallpaper, check out customize.org, they have some great ones as well as xp themes and so on.

17. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Lol opo... it is worse. Hahahaa....

I prefer to make my own desktops... I could make some if you guys wanted (it would take a while, though)

18. Ryuuketsu

Ryuuketsu Ancient

And Mine: [img width=800 height=600]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z50/cyanidemaniac/Desktoppicture.jpg[/img]

Opo, where did you get that software? It looks really cool

19. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

I changed my backround again, now its this awesome panda abstract sketch. I'll try and post it sometime. For now I am kind of sick of uploading pics. I also have a penquin one if anyone wants it..... PENGUINISH

lol, yes it was not the greatest desktop ever, oh well. Could you make me one? I usally would myself but I lack the skills.

Ok, directions:

1. Go here, and install the free software.
    2. Then you can browse for themes on the same site here.
    3. Once you pick one you want, (I have this one) download it and extract it. Some of them are in exotic formats (.7z?) so if your computer cant extract it, get this extracter, it should do it for you.
    4. Once you get it extracted, open up its folder and find the Windows Visual Style file. Double click it, and if you installed the software that I talked about in step one, you should be able to apply it.

Hope that helped!

To get the "object dock" on your desktop, go here. Download the free version then open the app. Click configure dock, (an Icon on it) and mess with the settings until you get it how you like.

If you have any questions just ask or PM me.

:squirrel_wtf: That was a lot of BBcode.

20. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

LOOK!!LOOK!!! This is mine sorry bout the gimp program but it had to be open-
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/sparten45/Desktoop.jpg[/img]