Poseidon's Lair

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Mander, Nov 2, 2010.

1. CellphoneTL

CellphoneTL Forerunner

Under the gun. You'll get wet.
    ;]

I've gotten out of the starting cave, but now I'm stuck. There's a big rock...but it's too high for me to jump up on.

2. Peanuthater132

Peanuthater132 Forerunner

how do i get past the room just after destroying the first fusion coils im still stuck there?

3. iSheedMyself

iSheedMyself Forerunner

idk if this is right but i juggled the sword and pistol to the rock then i drop the phased needle rifle and use it as a step.

4. Atraira

Atraira Forerunner

Now you just need to figure out how to get that needle rifle up top with you. :3

5. iSheedMyself

iSheedMyself Forerunner

i know it requires the shotgun but sometimes the game glitches on me because i'm host -.-

6. Kealan 02

Kealan 02 Ancient

This map frustrated me beyond belief! I figured out how to get past challenge 1,2 and 3, but I just can't complete the jump at 3 before the needle rifle de spawns... I eventually took this map into forge with the same settings as the gametype just to fly past 1, 2 and 3. Four annoyed me so I deleted the sword, 5 wasn't two hard but it did take 5 mongoose spawned on the top platform because I refused to do the last challenge to get it again. I guessed I was meant to suicide after blowing up the plasma core, but I just deleted the wall. A lot of deleted object later and I went through a teleporter back to Challenge 5 from the submerged lobby where I promptly gave up.

You have won this battle, but the war has just begun.

TL;DR
    This map is hard and I gave up.

7. Peanuthater132

Peanuthater132 Forerunner

I hate this map :mad: it frustrates me beyond belief PLEASE make a how to video im seriously about to throw my xbox out the window!

8. Mander

Mander YOU WOKE THE DRAGON

The walkthrough of this map is now up. You can find it via a link at the end of the preview video. Don't watch it unless you want to spoil the map for yourself. There is a lot of satisfaction to be had from solving the challenges on your own.

9. Icegoten

Icegoten Forerunner

Yea I did this map a few days ago and it was really challenging. The only thing I truly hate about it is the host/fixed guns thing. Even figuring out the puzzle doesn't make it easier to do because you have to get the positioning of the fixed guns correct for some things.

I really like how it puts the game physics to the test.

Great map overall.

10. Grimsby

Grimsby Forerunner

It's fairly difficult, I got to the part were you free fall with the Warthog, then I died, and didn't understand the checkpoint system and I didn't know if I killed myself i would spawn.

OFF TOPIC:I had the Idea of using Invasion to create checkpoints, would this work or not?

11. Dur

Dur Forerunner

meh

I am stuck in the glass room. I am still trying to figure out how to get the teleporter above me unblocked.

I also could not pass the teleporter in the beginning. I had to sign in a guest to stand on it.

Edit: Watched the walkthrough. No way am I doing that.

#31 Dur, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  12. seredhras

seredhras Forerunner

I tried this, but I sucked so bad I gave up, looks fantastic though

13. konradtacular

konradtacular Forerunner

Same I just skip right on to the pics

14. vhag98

vhag98 Forerunner

Jesus Christ! After the 7th challenge or so, I said..."Well surely that has to be wrong!"

And then it just kept on goin'!!

Amazing job!!

15. KangarooBrandon

KangarooBrandon Forerunner

Wow, my buddy and I just spent about 4.5 hours on this. We finally beat it! What a long and complex puzzle. We got to the submerged lobby and then got stuck. So we had to use your walkthrough for the very first challenge of the submerged lobby and then the jetpack section. Fortunately, we had solid connections tonight and had patient to finish it to the end. My favorite challenge: the mongoose jump. Also the top of the tower was pretty creative. My least favorite: underwater right after the soccer ball. I'm just personally not a big fan of soft kill zones, but the drowning effect is cool. Very well done, extremely complex. Just a suggestion: Maybe tone the difficulty down just a tad in future maps. Look forward to any more maps you make down the road.

16. Zam138

Zam138 Promethean

Is that foreshadowing to two or three more maps like this...?

17. feartehstickman

feartehstickman Forerunner

Wow! This really looks amazing. The time that you've put into it really shows. Everything is forged really well and you've put a lot of thought into all the puzzles.
    Great Map!

18. Killerghost

Killerghost Promethean

I really want to play this

19. Juggacly

Juggacly Forerunner

Wow, I'm still stuck on this. I did check the walkthrough awhile back but it's too fast for me :p