Sandbox Porcupine

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by geranamo, Apr 27, 2009.

1. geranamo

geranamo Ancient

Map: Porcupine
    Gametype: Matrix

Did you know that the Spiker Rifle has a shooting range of about the length of sandtrap?! Well, with the knowledge of that, I made a game where there are Zombies, Humans, and....you guessed it.....spiker rifles. Due to the fact that bungie "BLAMed" every name I tried to give this map; Spiker Wars, Spiker, not even Spike, I had to call it Porcupine...still makes sense, right? Anyways here are the facts, Zombies have spikers that they pick up, since the Humans are on another platform very far away, you have to arch your weapon to make the spikes land on your destination. Spikes are a one hit kill and it feels like being in the Matrix when you're a human. Hope you enjoy yet another one of my maps!
    25% Zombies = the more people the more spikes!
    P.S. aim right above the guardian tower's light in the background, it's about the best spot to aim directly at the humans.

Updated picture:
    Human Platform
    [​IMG]

Updated picture:
    Zombie Platform
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember to Arch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm a Unicorn
    [​IMG]

#1 geranamo, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. Joen@thanishere

Joen@thanishere Ancient

haha! thats very cool, and i havent noticed how much spikes the spiker shoots out. ill dl soon! nice idea of a map

3. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Ancient
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

I havn't seen any thing quite like this in some time. For one, this is beyond creative, and it looks like you actually had to study up with spikers length. Obviously, this map isn't the most aesthetically pleasing map I've ever seen, but it sure looks like it plays smoothly. Oh and by the way, your third picture looks phenomenal, I think you just awoke the screenshots takers within us. :D

4. Okage4

Okage4 Ancient

Woooow, this is one of the most original things I've seen in a while....and that 7th picture makes me wanna play it even more. Definitely DLing...

5. Remii

Remii Ancient

Never thought a spiker would be used as a main weapon in an infection game, its always shotguns and swords. Nice variant though. If you want you could interlock the platforms and make it look asthetic-er =) good literal idea though 4/5

6. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Ancient

This is a very interesting idea for a map. You obviously had to put alot of thought and research (firing the spiker rifle heaps) into this map.

Your forging needs some tightening up, a bit of interlocking can go a looonng way, but with the general fast movment and jumping it isn't that noticible during gameplay.

For Screenshots, these are awsome especially 3,5,7,8 & 9

Final word: the inventive and fun nature of this game easily over powers the slight forge problems.

4/5

7. siberian w0lf

siberian w0lf Ancient

Hah! I've always loved pwning with the spiker in matchmaking (better then the AR IMO) and this map looks like a lot of fun.

PS>I never knew the 'spiker' shot out spikes like that. Go figure.

8. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

thats really cool kinda gametype. i dont see people using spikers lately, great idea with that. its also a great idea that peple get be excited to be the zombie. but how many humans and zombies? just one zombie and however many humans?(by looking at the map size to that person) but over all, great idea to the game and map.

9. Mr Garfunkle

Mr Garfunkle Ancient

Awesome idea and very original indeed. Spikers on infection, who woulda thunk it? The map itself could use some furnishing, and some more aesthetic effects can't hurt something like this as long as they are out of the way. Try interlocking and adding some railings. Other than that, great job 4.5/5.

10. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Thats a great idea. Sounds like a very fun minigame. I would suggest that you make only 1 spiker, gives the zombie less ammo to spam at people. Also i would add more pizzaz to the map, make it different shape than a square and some cooler figure.
    Other than that, thats a very awesome map and a revolutionary idea!

11. FrankFries

FrankFries Ancient

To be honest it needs some work. I`m not saying it sucks but a little destroyble cover here and there might help add some tactical gameplay to the mix/mess. Now I`m not trying to be mean, just honest.

12. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

This is a really good idea. Looks like a lot of fun. But, there should only be one zombie and the rest being humans. That would make this better. It's still really cool though. Good job.

13. A hobo

A hobo Ancient

This is a great map. The only thing I can say is, maybe make the platform a circle shape, and maybe have some stuff like deployable cover (no bubble shields) and I guess a flare? But you could also add in Plasma Rifles, or something like that.

Edit: I downloaded this and played it, and all in all it was a pretty good game. The floors are a little sloppy, but you don't notice. The spike greandes are like matrix bullets, which is good and bad. Good part is, well, it feels like the Matrix. Bad part is that it takes FOREVER for the needles to get to the humans, reload, then get to the humans. Plus the humans barely ever even die. My suggestions to fix this is to scoot up the zombie platform.

#13 A hobo, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  14. geranamo

geranamo Ancient

Deployable covers would be cool in a V2 or something because since the spikes are an instant kill it will only last one blow, but how would you get plasma rifles in the game?....I don't see where they would fit in.

15. geranamo

geranamo Ancient

There are 25% Zombies and only 4 spikers that you can grab. So with less Zombies you have more Spikers in a concentrated shot. With more Zombies you have less spikers but still more area coverage. And I've been thinking of making it an oval or something.

16. Silver0range

Silver0range Ancient

One of the problems with the map, imo, was that it was very boring for the people who died right off the bat, and it was too easy to just strafe left to right if there was 1 zombie in small games. I added in a needler platform for secondary zombies, but I have no idea how that will work.

17. Dak393

Dak393 Ancient

looks great and very original will post a review after I dl and play with a big party. :)

18. dennis1895

dennis1895 Ancient

i dont think this map needs more it is good as it is its very fun i played this the only thing i just wanted is more zombies because 1 is to easy to dodge and if you aim just above the light you always hit the plattform so i dont get why people complaine by scooting up the platform you get a 5 star from me:D

19. penguin asassin

penguin asassin Ancient

The on hit kills a little to much, What i would do would be to give them 3 times over shield, then mess around with the damage resistence of the humans, and the damge of the zombie till on spike takes out a whole shield bar, so you can take 4 hits. Then move the platform a little closer, and add a astethitic thing that when you aim at it, your shot is very close to flying over the arena. Then you know were to aim at the beggining

20. Blazeinator

Blazeinator Ancient

Really neat idea. You should add a missile pod because they travel slowly and it would vary up the gameplay. It could be the zombie power weapon. Couple spike nades would be cool to (if they can through that far?). Also a couple pieces of small movable cover would be good. All just to give a bit of gameplay variety to keep it from getting old as fast. Good minigame 4/5