Pokémon General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Randle Scandal, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Chron

Chron Ancient

You can get Metal Coats from the Pokeathlon on Tuesdays and Fridays for 2500points.

So I just went on Serebii.net where they've managed to get images of the new games. I must say, the games look ****ing sweet.

2. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

besides the pokeathalon, i believe you can also get it as a held item on some wild pokemon, like a 5% chance. i think its magnemite, but im not sure.
    ---
    yeah that new 3D looks so saucy. its like more over the shoulder as opposed to more birds eye.

3. Chron

Chron Ancient

Yeah. It also looks like the battle screen layout has been changed a bit aswell. This games only just been announced and I already want it.

Just gonna go back to the topic of HG and SS for a sec. After your Pokemon have recovered from Pokerus, do the effects of it go away to or do they stay? My whole party had it and the effects of Pokerus sound pretty good.

#543 Chron, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  4. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

yeah you still gain double EVs, they just cant spread it anymore. it you put with the active pokerus into the PC, it will stay indefinitely, at least until you take it out. any pokemon with will recover after midnight if it is in your party.

#544 Wood Wonk, Apr 11, 2010
  5. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

What's the best way to obtain a shiny ditto in Heartgold? It can still be used to breed shinys right? 1/64 chance.

Edit: My Heracross level 40 just soloed clair. Heracrosses Close Combat combined with his high attack is a one hit kill for most pokemon. Heracross also has high speed as a result of being part bug. I ****ing love Heracross, he's probably going to be on my competitive team. So far I know I want Heracross and Houndoom on my comp team. Suggestions?

#545 Mischgasm, Apr 11, 2010
  6. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

Oh hey Guiz, anyone have a Budew or Roselia or something? I want a Roserade.

7. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

nope, that was only in the original gold and silver. since then, parents have no effect on shiny probability. its a one in 8000 whatever chance no matter what.

8. Prosper

Prosper Ancient

If anyone has the time of day, please, click here.

Not spam, I promise.

9. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

Can anyone trade me a Houndoom? I want one but I'm not sure how the blocks and stuff work in safari zone.

10. QKT

QKT Ancient

how did you get it to work on mac?

unless, youre not using the wifi dongle thing

11. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

so I was thinking of branching off of this thread and making a discussion thread for shiny pokemon, or some sort of Shiny Pokemon FanClub, but idk if it'd work...
    Thoughts/comments...
    ---

Regardless, I have been feverishly SRing for a shiny Mewtwo in my HG, as well as a shiny Squirtle and Torchic. Not having much luck yet.

12. QKT

QKT Ancient

maek poekman social grup?

13. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

meh.. there are a couple, but I dont like groups... they always get (with the exception of some like the SCF...Not!) very inactive and usually quickly. I rather make a thread as its more easily accessible and noticeable because its in this section... It'll therefore be more viewed and posted in and wont die down quickly. Plus, Im talking mostly just about shiny pokemon.

I think for this thread, if everyone would take the time to post FC's and whatnot, and they are all edited into and maintained on the front page, this thread would be even better.

14. QKT

QKT Ancient

isnt there a thread for that?

15. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

No, that's only for nintendo wifi friend codes, not pokemon friend codes.

16. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

I think we need a Pokemon Sub-Forum.
    Also, on the subject of Shiny Pokemon, if you have Pokemon P/D/Pt, with the PokeRadar, if you get a consecutive number of Pokemon in a row (Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey,) the number for running into a Shiny Pokemon will be more likely.

And I'm still looking for a Budew/Roselia/Roserade.

17. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

yea ik Ive done that before... Im so bad at it. My highest chain is like, 25 or something.

18. QKT

QKT Ancient

just go about training normal pokemon.
    its like the lottery, your pretty much just as likely to succeed if you randomly start as you are if you keep trying at it.

shiny bidoof after beating the E4 and then going in the grass accidentally.

i got a shiny eevee for it. :D

19. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Sorry I think that whole post confused me deeply. What exactly did you say?

20. QKT

QKT Ancient

do yo thang and not bother with shinies.
    you'll find one eventually.