Pokémon General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Randle Scandal, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Pulpapple

Pulpapple Promethean

Darmanitan is actually a concept inspired by a traditional Japanese commodity called a daruma. It is a symbol of good luck and preservance. I would be smiling too with those traits. ;D
    Besides, it's a tough fire-pokemon.
    [​IMG]

Emboar is a great pokemon. It may be detailed, but it's a friggin badass machine!
    [​IMG]
    Sure, it may be ugly, but it's a monsterous sumo pig. It's supposed to be scary, but of course not 'too' scary for the audience.

2. V

V Ancient

Ok y'all, serious first world problem here. I leave for a weeklong vacation with my extended family on Saturday. I'm about to spend 8 and a half hours in the car and I can't decide which game I want to start over and plow through: Soul Silver, Platinum, or White?

3. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Draw from a hat, that's how I usually go about these things.

4. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

Quick dumb question: On the original Gold, Do shiny pokemon look any different from regular pokemon? Like the Red Gyrados is shiney, and it has a its own sprite.

5. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Yes, and they play that animation when you first come across them that's like "shing shing shing shing SHING! Sparkle sparkle"

Hence the name shiny.

6. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

So...Black or White 2 anybody???

7. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

Don't even have the 1st one.

≤ Gen. III 4life

8. Chron

Chron Ancient

I'll be getting it once it comes out on the 12th. The expanded pokedex looks awesome. I'm hoping that they include a better post-game than Black and White, which really didn't have one at all.

9. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

B/W got me so mad... no.2 will have to significantly improve to make me get it. also my DS screen is partially broken...so... yeah...

10. Chron

Chron Ancient

Just out of curiosity, but what was it about the original B/W that you didn't like? The most common complaint that I hear about is the new pokemon, which aren't really that bad in my opinion.

11. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao

The truly worst part...is that the game still takes place in Unova, so you'll see some similar areas (And also the E4 trainers have 95% the same pokemon). On the bright side, the main campaign trail is different (For example, you'll access Undella town and Giant Chasm before the elite four and pinwheel forest / narcene city after)

There are a lot of good things that BW2 has over Bw1 [MAJOR SPOILER!]:

-Challenge/Assist mode is a mode that can essentially make the game harder or easier (It requires a complicated transfer unless you have Action Replay).

*In challenge mode, some pokemon have improved movesets and hold a useful item (some key examples include a Chandelure with Choice Scarf and a Conkeldurr with Flame Orb + Guts). Whatever mode you play, you'll face the dragon trainer Iris (who would've thought) who has a try-hard haxorus.

-A pokedex that includes pokes from other generations too (Including lucario, azumarill, starmie, arcanine, Gen I and II Eeveelutions, METAGROSS, etc). Also, N's Zoroa is a "gift" early in-game, which I heard levels really fast. Some pokes like Seismitoad and fossils aren't available pre-game though.

-Move Tutors for moves such as Superpower, Aqua Tail, and Outrage (Alot of options for most pokemon)

-Pre-game TMS include Psychic, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Calm Mind, Bulk up, Rock Polish, and more (I don't think focus blast is available though).

-A feature known as Pokemon World Tournament. I am not quite sure how it works, but it is a compliment to the Battle Subway. You'll have to look it up if it intrigues you.

I personally think it's gonna be better than Bw1. The problem is the campaign might be too similar to the first game.

Yeah the post-game was kind of weak; but as for me, the only post game I could enjoy was HeartGold.

#2151 Korlash, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  12. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

Gen 2 all the way. :)

13. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Pretty much. I don't know why they didnt follow its 16gym, 2 region formula more.

It was the best campaign ever despite so many idiotic pokemon (the machomp replacement with girders, the icecream, and useless garbage bags for example) but the kicker was that it was shown as a brand new area with unique things, yet it wasnt that unique and in the end you find a whole bunch of past gen pokemon anyway.

#2153 Audienceofone, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  14. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

Gen III was my favorite IMO, although I would reverse that. I liked all of them up to and including III, but sorta stopped caring after that.

I'm pissed BW2 is replacing what should have been the RS remakes in their dev cycle.

I think RS with Johto and Kanto (essentially if RS did what Gen II did for Gen I's world) would be the best Pokemon game ever, of all time.

15. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Go work for Game Freak. Go do it now.

16. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao

Yeah I kinda hate that. I never got to play a serious game of RS (Basically, I was stupid with pokemon). Is it actually confirmed that they're done?

The best pokemon game would have all 5 regions (and gyms)and have a level cap of 200, with heart scales and useful move tutors everywhere.

17. Chron

Chron Ancient

I don't think it's never been confirmed that they were in development. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the remakes were released in Japan in about a year from now. Heck, they could release them in the same window as B/W 2 which was in June and then everywhere else getting it in early October.

Also, while we're talking about favourite games and gens, I'd have to say that Heartgold is my favourite Pokemon game to date. While its starters are probably my least favourite out of all the gens, I adored every minute of the storyline. I really hope that one day they will make a game that features all 5 regions and gyms.

Oh and I don't really have a favourite gen. Even though I don't hate gen 5, it's my least favourite out of all of them. However, there are stupid Pokemon in every generation.

18. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

[​IMG]

Agreed.

19. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

i might be one of the only ones, but Diamond was the complete experience for me. the post-game **** in particular is where it really grabbed me. i poured so many hours into that one and enjoyed every bit of it.

gold/silver is a close second.

20. Chron

Chron Ancient

Haha, yeah I was never a big fan of Rotoms forms either. Regular Rotom is pretty cool though.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum would come second for me. I'm actually playing through Platinum again and I'm loving every minute of it. Hopefully Black/White 2 will be just as good,

#2160 Chron, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012