Pocket

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by FlaPvsJacK, Feb 7, 2012.

1. FlaPvsJacK

FlaPvsJacK Forerunner

This is a small map, just meant for some good fashion fragging. It is open, symmetrical map where hiding is out of the question. If you enjoy a map where anybody can join and have fun, this map should be your home. Welcome to Halo Map Variant ~ Pocket

This map is set for Slayer/TSlayer. Up to 12 - 16 is recommended!
    There is a safe boundary/kill boundary placed on the island so the fight will only continue on the forge map.

Download here: http:Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Please add a comment below,

Thanks!

FlaPvsJacK

More map variants are on the way. Spread the word...

Halo Reach Map Variant ~ Pocket - YouTube
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

it looks a bit...cluttered, perhaps extend the wall corners to make it look cleaner, to me, they look more like individual forge parts rather than part of any single structure (only expose the parts you want to be seen, i.e. cover the awkward protrusion behind the struts)

also I was looking at it and something was bothering me, it seems to me that you rely too heavily on the default shapes of the forge objects, try to be more creative in your aesthetic placement

#2 SilentJacket, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. FlaPvsJacK

FlaPvsJacK Forerunner

I understand your perception and massive push to make forge maps "pretty". But that is not the case in this map, game play and accessibility was the main key on this. Already made very aesthetic maps before and I am planning on leaving it that way.

Cluttered would not be the best choice of words. I would say simple or mundane if your going by how it looks. But play it, tell me how it feels playing with friends, then tell me how it looks. Trust me, its one of the MOST open/closed in map I have made. plain, simple & fun. :)

4. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

well, I played a few rounds, fun, but still, the forging style is not very simple, when I said it looked cluttered, I meant that there are too many aesthetic pieces for the design you have. selecting a simpler style with less abrupt angles will make it easier to navigate (the aesthetics you have right now makes it difficult to orient yourself), and if you can minimize the number of facets/angles one has to consider when judging the size of ones available fighting space by extending walls, smoothing down surfaces, or by making the walls you have "simpler", it will not be so overwhelming.

call me a simple person, but the quicker I can note every angle in an area, the easier it is to just focus on the game, all those patterns just make it harder.

#4 SilentJacket, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012