Plotos

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Kilamanjara14, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Kilamanjara14

Kilamanjara14 Ancient

Story: Since the whole thing about earth finding a new way to get to other planets there has been a hell of a lot of people trying to make their mark in history and trust me these people will... The Halandoras people have found a new planet but want to keep it a secret before publicity takes it over. So they set up a main base and has been running quite smooth except for the hellacious flooding that has been going on. So to try and stop this problem they make a large boat to go search for dryer and higher land. They find a relatively good spot to set camp up at so they do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

very small armoury

[​IMG]

some of the flooding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As they are setting up and building new stuff the come across this new element they have never seen or heard of before that has some type of levitation effect to it they called it Ploto-the greek word for floating. So they set up a small armoury and camp there aswell to study the odd element.

The Element (the building behind it has the only easy access strong weapon: the shotgun)

[​IMG]

The building they set up

[​IMG]

Overview of it

[​IMG]

Very Small armoury

[​IMG]

Then as they were getting a shipment of supplies and weapons it happened... To prevent scurvy they had used the normal citrus trick. However a few days after starting camp the dumb ass president made a law banning citrus fruits to other planets because it might burn your eyes if there is low gravity and it is floating. So they left off without any citrus thinking not much of it do to it was only about a 2 day trip however that was their mistake... The effects were much different here on Plotos they became very ill very quick and then started mutating they lasted as long as they could but it was no use... The infection got to them and all what was left were a bunch of infected people and a ship full of guns heading for the new settlement. This is where you are left now at your settlement.

The ship of equipment and supplies

[​IMG]

The Weapons

[​IMG]

Another view of the ship

[​IMG]

After 1 day (60 seconds) a number of people have died from the infection but the good news is that you have built a wall on the outside of your settlement instead of your small flood walls to prevent from flooding.

[​IMG]

After 1 week(120 seconds) even more have died and very few are still living in the settlement but you have created a very large wall to prevent from the infected to getting in. As well you have created bridges to help from flooding and also it helps against the infected below you.

Here is an overview at the last building step.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After 2 weeks(180 seconds) little to no survivors are left and 2 scientists that have been working at the plotos formations and have found a new use for it... The scientists call them Plotiumosmanium but everyone else calls them grav lifts.

[​IMG]

The scientists suggest a very risky but if it is done correctly the reward could be great... Use one of the Plotiumosmanium to help get into the ship and there for get a load of weapons however if you miss with the 3 the scientists or if you die once you are in its almost game over... Every 2 weeks(180 seconds) the scientists make new Plotiumosmanium which you can get a new shot at going for it or stay back with very little ammo.

Not that it really matters I just wanted it here is a picture of your dumbass president eating a kitten.

[​IMG]

Weapon's List (these weapons are all easy weapons that you can get not the ones that you need a gravlift for after 180 seconds)

Battle Rifle x6
    Assault Riflex6
    Shotgunx1
    magnumx8
    Smgx2

none of them respawn and all of them have no extra clips

Now for what you have all been waiting for the DOWNLOADS

Map Download
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

Game variant Download
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

2. JessicaJones

JessicaJones Ancient

This looks very fun. The small armory is okay, but the big one in the boat needs to be smaller. The water looks a little sloppy. Also some of the interlocking is sloppy, though
    I know some of it is suppose to be, 3.5/5 and I would like to see it.

3. Kilamanjara14

Kilamanjara14 Ancient

you have no idea how crazy hard it is to use the grav lift to get into the boats armoury i cant even do it my friend can though but I know you can do it still

4. Satan

Satan Ancient

sounds fun, that is, if you can get a party that isnt full of idiots that cant play tactical games.

5. halodudeguyman

halodudeguyman Ancient

maybe you should get rid of the armouries. ppl dont like them.... :p

6. Kilamanjara14

Kilamanjara14 Ancient

The armouries dont have to many weapons and have very little ammo

7. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

needs something more... more layout expand on it...
    try and fill more of that space n make the interlocking smoother...
    looks like a nice map tho that it would be fun...
    just make it smoother than it would be GREAT

8. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

this in itself is a really cool map... at the same time. having so many armories is not so good. is the big one inside the zombie spawn?

9. Kilamanjara14

Kilamanjara14 Ancient

ya the big one is in the zombie spawn in the boat which you need a grav lift to get into which is extremely hard to get though

10. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

this map is cool but a few thought of mine are to put more stuff in the map and i think when you put to manny of amo and what not then they take to long to grab there weapons and they need to grab and go

11. AlphaGamma

AlphaGamma Ancient

Im just thinking about the story....

So a bunch of people trapped on an island on some undiscovered planet....

Are mutating into some kind of sub-human zombie species because they lack fruit?

Sounds....fruity =)

12. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

Beleive me...that isn't going to be too hard. Think of all the 10 year olds XD

I can see that you put a lot of effort into this map post with all of those pictures and detailed descriptions of each one but it is really the map quality that is putting people off.

You need to lay off of the amouries as loads of people hate them. You may need to clean up the map with a bit more interlocking in some places and just in general, making it less messy. Also, you may need to build a central structure because it is very open without it.

The good points are that the structures you have built are interesting. It's good that you have used the deafult bases too. The timed map event is also a bonus because it can drastically change gameplay too.

Hope you improve this in a V2 if you choose to do so but for now its a 3/5 from me.

13. Mini Waz

Mini Waz Ancient

I like the idea however i don't feel that it is implemented very well.

14. IrKillUnow699

IrKillUnow699 Ancient

Booooooooooooooooooooo