Please stop making excuses.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Silas, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Silas

Silas Ancient

It really bothers me that people that are new, don't bother too read the mandatory
    rules to posting up the map, and use the "im new here" excuse. Im not being mean, but im new and i haven't posted up a single one of my maps yet, "why" you might ask. Because 1) I am making a map pack for my debut, of three maps; 2) I don't have any equipment to get on xbl because i just moved. Ive seen the good maps on here, and i needed time to make maps that people actually want to play on.

evan12075 and WheezyMoney like this.
  2. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Well theres always going to be the B.net noobs that think posting there map here will get it more downloads and famous.So they rush the process and go right to the new topic button.

But this has been suggested before and I belive that when someone first sign's up it should be manditory that they read the how to post your map thread or they cannot make a new topic.But even with that it probally won't do anything seeing that they will just look at it then go right to the forums.

The website needs some sort of posting guideline ,that if you don't follow it the thread will not be posted.But I don't thinks thats even possible.

3. Hooglebug

Hooglebug Ancient

Emm ok just chill your probaly going to get flammed for making a thread like this. Does it really matter i mean its not like a new member desperate to show off his/her's new map is going to read through all the rules, i mean were only human no one's perfect they get corrected they know not to do it next time problem solved.

4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Well thats good than, you won't use that excuse when I tell you this is in the wrong section:) Happy trails and good luck with your maps.:)

5. WheezyMoney

WheezyMoney Ancient

man you are so right. who cares if they are new. they have to obey the rules like every one else. im getting sick and tired of seeing maps with no pictures. what the hell is the point of this site if they are following the rules of it.

ps i love this site.

6. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

True but they are new and un-experienced so we should give them a chance or some lee-way.But everyone should have to follow the rules ,good point.

Owned

Well thats not really fair.I mean when you first joined and say you posted a map not up to standards do you want to get flamed because of being new?

7. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

We already have infractions and negative rep for the repeat offenders. But rest assured, we're currently working on a solution much like what you mentioned.

8. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

Wow, i can already tell im gonna like you being around here. and let me first off say im going to be looking forward to this map pack.

anyway back on subject. im quite sick of it too. The maps section is not only being spammed with posts not up to standards, but it's becoming a place of selfish people who only care about their map and will do anything to make sure there map gets to the top page and stays there. I've seen the rating system be abused because of this, i've seen flame wars because of this, i've seen double posting because of this. im also seeing a lot of nooby maps too... but thats a whole other story and the newbies can't help it anyway. But i would like to see some more members like you.

P.S. I also hate it when people spam up a thread that isnt up to standards by repeating what the person said above them...

9. WheezyMoney

WheezyMoney Ancient

when i was new i posted up to standards the frist time. and ive done it every time since then. its easy, and if you care about your map, which any map maker should, then you should take the time to do it right. its not about being new, its about being proud. not posting pics shows that you dont care about your map enough to let people see it.

10. addicted koala

addicted koala Ancient

I totally agree. The rules are not that hard to figure out, when I first joined I saw how everyone had pictures and direct links in their posts, so I thought, "Hmm, everyones doing it, it would probably be a good idea if I did that too."

11. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

Well it's not really as bad as everyone thinks, because isn't it also in the rules that those 'bad' threads get 24 hours before a mod will come along and shut it down? In that 24 hours someone will usually come and explain how they can fix their post (ie: embed pictures) and then hopefully before the 24 hours is over, the map post is up to standards.

12. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Hahah BTW TC I was only joking with you, you have a good point here..and liek furious said..it's being worked on.