Players dropping out of games

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Pablodius, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Exile

Exile Forerunner

If teammates cant handle a 3 on 4 game, then its to bad for him, ive handled 1 on 2 plenty of times in team doubles and 2 vs 4 in team slayer with a friend and won.

But yea, team slayer with an AR fest, then usually you have one noob team mate that gets you killed with his nade cuz he throws like a girl (no offense ladies) or one that shoots at you cuz you pick up the sniper.
    half of times i quit out of a game, im not the first to quit out.

My time to play and relax is limited enough already, im not going to entertain some 'noobs' because quiting out is 'bad'.

2. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Then, like I say, play a playlist which guarantees (or at least has a higher chance of) DMR starts. I avoid TS like the plague for a reason, cause I got sick of ARs on Sword Base within the first month of Reach.

As for this:

I actually think there's some merit here. I'm gonna ignore the fact that this contradicts your own statement about how you're unsympathetic towards those you lave behind when you quit, since here you're using it as a justification (wait, did I say ignore? I meant highlight...).

But anyway, I think Bungie should have considered a system whereby if 30-50% (probably 50%) or more of your team have already quit out, you're not penalised for quitting out as well. It does annoy me when I've been left in a 1v5, but the game still considers me quitting out to be a punishable offence.

3. Exile

Exile Forerunner

Im not trying to justify anything with that, im just sketching the usual scenario's that make me quit out.
    Squad slayer isn't fun, because at most i only play with 1 other friend and there are to many guests in the playlist (also no armor lock, i dont ***** armor lock all game long but i will use it to counter nade spammers)
    SWAT, fun but one shot games is not what makes Halo Halo for me.
    Arena, fun for a while but long search times, dont really give a Cr about the ranking system. usually switch to that after to much AR games.
    BTB one of my main playlists actually but you don't get to play Sword base in an 8 vs 8 ;|
    MLG.. speaks for itself, The people that do play MLG are usually the same people that ONLY play MLG.

No other playlist is like Team slayer, with all the AAs and all the maps.
    Like you said, there needs to be a DMR slayer playlist, hell mix some objective in it for all i care, just give me a DMR.
    All Bungie had to do was make DMR a primary in every playlist and AR secondary, no one would complain about load outs.

4. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Whatever Bungie has done with the quit ban isn't enough. I say that because I have barely played a game in weeks in which every participant finished the game. Usually there are at least a couple quitters, and surprisingly often most of one team will quit. Lately I've started playing big team and squad battle with a group of guys I met, because playing with randoms means you're so often at the mercy of the quitters. With these guys there's hardly ever a DNF on our team, but there's usually at least a couple on the other team still.

As for people quitting out because of the default weapons (or map, or gametype) - find a playlist that you like most of the games in it, or just stop playing Halo. People who quit at the start of a game over trivial **** get on my last nerve.

5. Xun

Xun The Joker

^That. If you dont like it, then dont play it. Maybe you should be playing custom games with your friends if you cant get what you want, because its a **** move to abandon your team mates because you cant get your favourite weapon. Besides, theres usually always several DMRs on a map, so why not grab those? Not much different from starting with one. :\

EDIT: Nice work btw, Peg.

6. pyro

pyro The Joker

Last night I got stuck with Big Team Snipers and I was going to quit, but ended up having a lot of fun just screwing with the other team. Of course it ended up playing more like Team snipers than Big Team Snipers when half of each team quit.

7. Naughty Badger

Naughty Badger Forerunner

Tough it out. Let the noobs betray you or quit. That's why they're noobs.