Sandbox Pinpoint Arena

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by RoboArtist, Jul 8, 2011.

1. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Pinpoint Arena...

Download

This is my 1st Halo 3 slayer map that i actually put effort in. I spent about 4 hours a day for 2 days working on this.

I've noticed quite alot of maps lately that were made in H3 and the aesthetics, detail, and hard work stunned me. and that has now incouraged me to build this completlely radial symatrical map, fit for mainly 1v1. 2v2 is an option but wouldnt suit the map well.

So if anybody rages and challenges you to a 1v1, this would be a perfect map (accompanying octogon).

Weapons on map:
    4 frag grenades
    1 sword
    2 covenant carbines
    2 Battle rifles
    4 spikers
    4 SMGs
    2 assault rifles

equiptment:
    1 Health regenerator

Let me know what you think...

Pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 RoboArtist, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. PhantomStrike

PhantomStrike Forerunner

I don't play much Halo 3 but I have to admit, this is defineitly one of the best custom maps I've ever seen on Halo 3! Just a suggestion, think about working a little bit on true arcitecture because a floating tower with an energy sword on top doesn't feel very good. Try adding some little blocks to hold it up in the air. Good work :)

#2 PhantomStrike, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  3. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

The best?? Well I wouldnt say that but i felt a little accomplished when it was done :p
    And I had to top it off with the floating tower in the center. cuz it just didnt feel right with a blank canter...

4. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

1: General paradigm of Halo maps, try to stay clear of color FX (it really depends on the map and its location). Especially when mixed with lights, it causes a massive glare.

2: It seems like I could EASILY jump out of the map from any angle at any point of the map. A single stacked wall doesn't really stop anyone from grenade jumping out of a map. I would suggest making your boundaries taller; judging from the looks, you probably have plenty of cash to do so.