Pinnacle DVC Platinum Software Issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by A Vendetta, Feb 27, 2008.

1. A Vendetta

A Vendetta Ancient

I'm hoping this is in the correct place.

I've just finished installing and hooking up my Pinnacle DVC 170. The trouble here is with the software. I go to record in advanced mode, but the window that is supposed to show what I am recording just shows the portion of my computer screen that is behind the recorder. Weird, huh? Plus, when I hit the record button, it keeps giving me the option to keep clicking on it, so that's obviously a tell as to workability.

Has anyone had this problem with their Pinnacle products? Do you have a solution?

Help!

2. Ark of Covenant

Ark of Covenant Ancient

I don't use Pinnacle products, but you could try going to their website. I think you need to Google Pinnacle Studios to have their homepage come up. They should have some information on there for you. They are the makers of the product, after all.

3. A Vendetta

A Vendetta Ancient

That is what I assumed.

They have a live chat feature that connects you with people at Pinnacle, and they have been helpful with me in the past. Unfortunately, they really don't understand the situation when I explain it and all they say is to update my graphics card. Which is looking like another $150 on top of all this I bought from them.

4. Ark of Covenant

Ark of Covenant Ancient

Now that I re-read your question, I sort of see what they mean that it is hard to understand. What exactly do you mean by the portion of the computer screen? If you are using something like a camcorder, you may need to figure out how to extract movies from it using the program. But if you mean the preview for the capture isn't showing up, then you may need to check the program's settings to make sure it is turned on (If that is an option). Not sure how much more help I can be besides try what I said above, or possibly a different program. You never know what you might get out of a program that is free.

5. GodsofW4R

GodsofW4R Ancient

I have one but I have no problems with it. I dont know what is wrong with yours.