Photon

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Kyler, Dec 6, 2010.

1. PeteTacular 42

PeteTacular 42 Forerunner

I got to play a 1v1 on this map and it played well. One thing I should mention though is the spawn time on power weapons. I know grenade launcher only has 3 shots but no power weapon should spawn under 90 sec. Same with sword, and I think it should spawn 120 or 150 sec, but that's just my opinion.

Another thing I think would help is making the pathway larger on top floors, so players can strafe back and forth as they shoot. Also, minor, but helpful, maybe make the ramp pieces 30 degree angles that connect to center. I noticed when walking on them it slowed my pace of movement and I think that would make your map flow better. I'm not saying all inclines have to be 30 degrees, just those connecting to center.

Hope my feedback was helpful and you include this in a v2 because this map looks really great!

2. Bleuprint

Bleuprint Forerunner

I agree with PeteTacular about more room on the top floors. Strafing is a bit difficult up there and I found myself leaving the area quickly. Didn't have much problems with weapons, though we weren't playing extremely competitively and didn't think about it much.

Cool map overall =)

3. 4shot

4shot Bloodgulch

This looks like one of the first good tempest maps i've seen yet. From the way you used the laser, was this idea inspired by the Halo 2 level "Sacred Icon"?

It looks almost exactly like one of the areas on that level, so just wondering.

4. crapoess

crapoess Forerunner

I have to say that I like the map, but im very disappointed that you used the laser in the middle, from the second i saw bungie release this map, i knew EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE was going to build a map around that laser, so overall id give you a 7-10 great map, but originality in my opinion is bleh

5. mesmorok

mesmorok Ancient

Looks really good! If i had the DlC i wuda downloaded :F

6. Kyler

Kyler Forerunner

To make the pathway larger I would have to delete the pyramid up top.
    Im a bit scared to do this because (a) It adds good cover and (b) it gives the map good aesthetic value. Besides, the pathway being small adds the element of risk v reward.

And no, this is not based on "Sacred Icon"