Phoenix

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Kon Artist, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

Name:: Phoenix

Authors:: So Salty & Kon Artist

Map Layout:: 2 bases

Map Size:: 4-8 players

Map Variations:: MLG settings

Game types:: TS, CTF, KOTH, Ball, FFA

Weapons:: 4 Battle, 4 Plasmas, 2 Frags, 1 Carbines,1 mauler, 1 Rocket Launcher, 1 OS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phoenix

2. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

First post, anyway the aesthetics look good, alot of nice merged ramps. I could use some help on those, but to the map. Looks like a lot of jumping around, which would probably affect gameplay, but I havn't played yet so I can't judge. Umm, I will try to get a forge through, and then a game started, and will come back and tell you. So far it looks GOOID

3. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

nice, it looks good- everything is well interlocked and looks very neat
    the map looks original and gameplay looks great.
    very symmetrical looking as well.
    i love the boxes that curve and make an M shape. sweet!

4. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I was hoping this would be posted here. This is one beauty of a map, I must have ran around on it for 10 minutes all by my lonesome. You and Salty have done a phenomenal job. I love the lift. :)

So is the red OS is the new MLG OS, or is this just something you guys found that works better for the map?

5. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

Wow the geomerging is really nice (I can't do like any of it lol) and interlocking is great too. I'll DL it and play a game or 2 and forge through it to see if it's gameplay is good for one reason. Such as Stockhold (I think that was the name lol) where it had all of those insane geomerges but the spawns were pretty bad lol.

6. S0 Salty

S0 Salty Ancient

Thanks a lot Squidhands, for the support! We basically went with the red OS because the custom seemed to get burnt a lot.

7. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

brake down-- salty, did the center- I (kon) made the bases.

#7 Kon Artist, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  8. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

This is simply the best sym. 2-base MLG map out there. Everything is beautiful. Flawless interlocking and geomerging cause players to lose track of their opponents admiring the aesthetics that are all too uncommon with S2-BMLG maps. I like the weapon placement (although I would rather see it non-MLG) and unfortunately you used the entire budget, so there is no easy adjustment for that. Gameplay is as good as it gets for MLG (sorry, just not a fan). It is possible to get on top of the structures, but you can't get out of the map from there, and would be nearly impossible to do during a game. I really like the use of the slanted bridges as little mini ramps, but it looks kinda tacky with that space between them and the boxes. If only you didnt frown upon the budget-glitch; you could throw another bridge in there right next to it to eliminate the gap. This map has found its way to a spot on my harddrive. Great work. JimP factor: 76%

#8 ShaddoBlade, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  9. twisted gaming1111

ya i agree look like alot of jumping around. but damn this map has some awesome merging.. love how u did the ramps got my dl... 5/5 for me cant wait to play on this
    with friends.. how long did this map take u ? also is the back of foundry open or blocked off?? sorry for all the questions ...in the third pic can u run up the side of the ramp? that would be cool...like the map construct

10. Toofgib

Toofgib Ancient

Awesome

This map is awesome its one of the funnest maps ive played on. All the merging and layout of the map is perfect. The weapon placement is nice also, I like how you didnt use alot of weapons, but the ones you used work out really well. I dont feel from any where on the map that the rockets is too overpowering. Overall the map is great and its tons of fun to play on.

5/5

11. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

its handicap friendly, you don't need to jump to get anywhere. i.e. ramps:)

12. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

hey Kon artist,Ive played with you a couple of times,and this map is just amazing,the merging,interlocking,placement of everything is just great,this map is great,and i really like the weapon placement on this map,Kon artist and so salty,you 2 are amazing at creating maps and I hope you keep up the good work and keep making maps

13. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Like squidhands, I walked around here but for only like 3 minutes. I found this map to be interesting because you normally don't make maps like this.

I really like that weird double box structure in the 2nd pic. Nicely done with that.

I still don't understand what you said about the OS and Custom...please VM me instead of replying.

14. Banana Peel

Banana Peel Ancient

wow this looks like a really fun to play map. Alot of good geomerging and interlocking, thats a plus. I say good job on this one and keep making more maps. 4.7/5

15. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

it has a regular OS, not a custom OS. As slaty stated, b/c Custom can be burnt. Rockets are also on a 2min timer, not 3.

16. Painkiller

Painkiller Ancient

For me, this seems like a guaranteed featured map. That's just my opinion. It is 100% perfect. Nothing wrong at all.

17. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

then whos the **** that gave it a 1 star rating?

18. Tyberiousfusion

Tyberiousfusion Ancient

I like that second picture it has extremely nice merging keep up the good work

19. S0 Salty

S0 Salty Ancient

Wow, 100% perfect, and the featured map! Could it get any better feed-back then that? Thanks a lot painkiller it means a lot to me, that so many people are enjoying this map. If it did get featured that would be really cool!

20. S0 Salty

S0 Salty Ancient

So I was just wondering guys, can I get some feed-back on what game types you think work so far for phoenix. Personally my favorite is king of the hill. Also does anybody have any suggestions for the map that they feel will make it better?