Sandbox phantom pelican elephant

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by shovel, Jul 29, 2010.

1. shovel

shovel Forerunner

Hello Forgehub. right this is my first post on forge hub so go easy on me please!

Ok a while back i had started making elephant on forge but i never finished it, but i had shown it to a few friends and they liked it and recommended i finished it. so with the help of some friends ( lcherry and rossg12309) i finished it and even added a pelican and phantom. right now the map is purely ascetic but any ideas for gametypes will be considered

ok on to the pics

exterior of elephant [​IMG]
    interior of elephant [​IMG]
    onto the phantom [​IMG]
    interior of phantom [​IMG]
    to the pelican [​IMG]
    back of pelican [​IMG]
    intetior of pelican [​IMG] oh and i forgot to say that there is a switch to drop the warthog from the pelican

please download here Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

2. MattV01

MattV01 Forerunner

This map looks great. Are you sure your rank is rookie? (lol)
    Anyways, you did a very good job on the Elephant, Phantom, and Pelican. I love the idea how the warthog gets dropped from the pelican.
    I also agree with you on building a map around this. Maybe you could move the Phantom to the other side of the map and build a base with covenant weapons, equipment, vehicles, etc. While on the side with the Elephant and the Pelican you build a more UNSC type base. After these you could add some sort of cover, or even another base in the middle.
    I can't wait to see what you can make out of this.

3. allbroken2U

allbroken2U Ancient

there are hundreds of guides on how to interlock ghost merge and other tutorials on youtube if you have heard of that its really popular. Also its for looks.*Maybe* but if competitively and a big home run then hey congratz.

4. bob4010

bob4010 Forerunner

going along with what matt said i can easily see a onesided bomb i can even see the story...
    "one day the covenant sent a phantom hoping to blow up one of the few last bases on this sandy planet, butthe base(elephant) got wind of it and was able to get a pelican full of odst or spartan whatever to help with there own troops ....." something like that im not good at story telling

5. shovel

shovel Forerunner

#5 shovel, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. TexasTuckers

TexasTuckers Ancient

From what Halo 3 Forge allows, these are awesome! If you get Halo: Reach i highly recommend you remake these and place them in such a way that you can build a full on map around them. Awesome work!

7. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Lol I like the phantom and pelican but the elephant is ESPECIALLY EPIC! This copies all the details of the actual elephant (minus the few gaps) but it is pretty nice. good job

8. RittSea

RittSea Ancient

this actually looks very cool, and this is probably the first map I have ever seen with an elephant that actually looks like an elephant! From the one picture it kind of looks like it, but does the elephant have that crane thing attached to it? I can't really tell from the pictures, but I assume so. Also, just a thought, but I recommend putting a cockpit into the pelican so that you can pretend you are flying it. My dream ever since I was a wee baby was to fly a pelican in real life (after I become a real boy, of course, when I speak to the blue fairy :D), but that would be close enough.

9. shovel

shovel Forerunner

yes its go the crane! thank all of yous for the great comments and new ideas. new map alert not givin alot away yet but if u like hurrican katrina u will like this

10. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

Without a question the Elephant is in fact well forged with attention to details. From the back the pelican does look good, but the front could use a make over (combo of a corner large and half of obilisk perhaps, maybe a few horizontal ramps too. Im going to leave the phantom alone, I forge 2 of them in total so far, and those you have to be most careful on. Great job overall and props on the effort, I can see you going long ways with the hub.

11. Ching Chong Kid

Ching Chong Kid Ancient

I especially like the elephant man. I've seen several phantom and pelican models on here but not and elephant that I can remember. And this one is excellent. Good work man

12. shovel

shovel Forerunner

putting 2 new maps on either today or tomorow!!
    ---
    the 100 download mark has been reached!! thats for downloadn everyone
    ---
    1000 views horay to celibrate ivemade an awsome new poster celibrating the 1000 view

[​IMG]
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    ---
    a bit of a delay for the maps im putting on sorry

#12 shovel, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  13. elitebiker18

elitebiker18 Forerunner

lloks good but I think the phantom could use some work. Keep forging.

14. lemonlime

lemonlime Ancient

looks like a great map havent seen many like it

15. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

I like all 3! Although Your Phantom is pretty similar to Zow JR's Phantom, they're all good!

I have a feeling you switched between sandtrap and your map a lot to get the Elephant right?

The only thing wrong with the Pelican is the cockpit/front. It just looks weird when you look at it from below :/

16. Organite

Organite Journalist

That Elephant is great looking.

The Phantom and the Pelican have slightly deformed fronts but all else is good though.

Nice attention to detail.

17. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

Wow great map, looks awesome the phantom could use a little more work, but the pelican and elephant look awesome! I expect great maps out of you. Phantom doesn't really look as much as I thought it would, but great job in general.

18. shovel

shovel Forerunner

funny...... zow jr got in contact with me and we noticed that they were simular and after seing mine he is concidering doing his own version we are friends online and we help each other on forge so just maybe we will work on a few maps together sometime.

and no i did not cycle between sandtrap and sandbox, instead i got pics of the internet so i didnt have to keep going back and forth.

i am going to change the cockpit but thinking what changes i can make without changeing the interior is difficult concidering the warthog switch is made using the objects used for the front

19. Masterboss34

Masterboss34 Ancient

First of all, Kudos for doing such a great job in general. The vehicles really look great. The phantom and pelican are spot on. They are perfect. The phantom is the exact shape and you even included the little turrets sticking out of the side. If only they let you color the sandbox objects, and elite would try to jump on the ship and fly it away. You included the warthog on the back of the pelican, as if it were going to drop it off info combat. Subtle details are ALWAYS the best kind of detail, and makes the whole picture that much better. Once again, a marine couldn't even tell it apart from a real flying vehicle. I was really impressed with the Elephant. Sure it isn't the exact size as the one and sandtrap, but it was symmetrical to it. The turrets were in the perfect spot, and you used the objects available to make a perfect machine. Excellent job overall.

Compared to what I have seen in other aesthetic maps, I rate this map overall.........

A+

Great job!

20. sniperjohn101

sniperjohn101 Forerunner

i have already seen a Pelican that has a drop switch and is more detailed but not a Elephant, Phantom and Pelican great job. Best phantom i have seen.