Permanent AL in CUSTOM GAMES!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TheSilverhead, May 29, 2011.

1. TheSilverhead

TheSilverhead Forerunner

So, you can have permanent AL. (Now on reffered to as PAL).Here is the method (I only have one method so far, I am working on a few others!)

Gametype: Haloball/hockey (You need HB_Goal and Skiball_Object labels)
    Players: 2 MIN
    Setup time: ~2 minutes
    OK, go into forge. Create the following objects with the following settings.

1. Armor Lock.
    Respawn time 1, min 1, max 1, spawn sequence 1, team neutral, label "Skiball_Object", shape box, W1 T1 B1 L1

Sprint, or other AA/weapon(no grenades!)
    Respawn Time 1, min 1, max 1, spawn secquence 1, team (Color of teammates to use glitch EG red team if red guys will use ut), label "HB_Goal". shape box, W1 T1 B1 L1.

Method:

Player 1 gets AL with above settiongs. Player 2 gets Sprint/other item with above settings. Player 1 Armor Locks. Player 2 quickly moves to Player 1. HB_Goal(Sprint) comes into contact with Skiball_Object(AL), deleting Skiball_object. Player 1 now has PAL. Player 2 swaps sprint for another object 2-3 units away (so they don't keep deleting), picks up AL. Positions now reversed, repeat.

Tada! Working on another method, but in the meantime, PAL customs!Yes, it does work.

2. pyro

pyro The Joker

This is nothing new. There is an odd glitch for any armor ability or weapon that is deleted while in use. People have already accomplished this by simply using the delete all function in forge, gating objects in invasion, or doing some wacky stuff as in the recently featured map.

3. TheSilverhead

TheSilverhead Forerunner

But this is a reliable use in custom games. Anyone can do it in forge, but a custom game possibility is much better. And it isn't random.

4. Packeranatic

Packeranatic Forerunner

If you read closelier, it's a method for achieving it in custom games by manipulating the HaloBall settings.

5. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

My friend claims he can use PAL in customs too, but he said he found a way in invasion. I'll check to see if he's BSing and if he isn't you could add whatever method he's using to the list. Otherwise, pretty cool and strightfoward, except it skrews up the scoring system.

6. pyro

pyro The Joker

You should all read my post again. There are ways of doing it reliably in custom games, and I'm quite sure this is the method that was used to make disappearing weapons in the labyrinth (recently featured map).

#6 pyro, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  7. Tedium

Tedium Lead Writer

Can I just quickly take over this thread with my own ignorance and ask, what is AL/PAL and why is it useful/fun?

8. TheSilverhead

TheSilverhead Forerunner

Re-hijacked.
    Armor Lock (AL) makes you invulnerable.
    Permanent armor lock (PAL) makes you invulnerable forever and you can move/shoot.
    I have also done the dissapear weapons thing in my clan hall, as a voting system.
    *Ach. Unlocked: Maybe Next Time*

9. Tedium

Tedium Lead Writer

Ah, okay thanks.

10. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

I missed the invasion part, whoops. I believe that this is the same method used in labyrinth, yeah, but still, no one has yet used it to create the same PAL used in forge.

I've also head a rumor (that I doubt) saying it can be done without invasion, forge or insane. I'll look into it.

11. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Well It's done in by deleting the AA and in invasion because the gates can be destroyed and insane gametype because the "ball" can be destroyed.

I don't know how you would delete something in anther game type so If it has been done outside of forge,invasion,insane. It wouldn't be done the same way. (and I don't think it has been done)

12. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

The way that I could see it being much more easily implemented into custom games is that you lock someone in armor lock inside a chamber with a ball that spawns later in the game (a few seconds after start) and the ball is a HB-goal. The ball then rolls down the chamber, into the armor locker and he is granted PAL and can leave. You could make the door to the chamber a kill ball with a teleporter in the center so that the armor locker cannot leave until they receive PAL.

So to clarify:

create a narrow slope that can only hold a person and a ball inside. At the bottom of the slope, there is a kill ball, a teleporter (within the kill ball) and a soft kill barrier (if the ball somehow rolls past the player into the kill ball, it will instantly spawn at the top if it hits a kill barrier). The player can then armor lock when the ball contacts him/her and run into the kill ball and through the teleporter to the rest of the map with PAL.

This method would speed things up a ton and require less people.

#12 Loscocco, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011