Sandbox Penultimate

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by cory21, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cory21

cory21 Ancient

[​IMG]

Penultimate is my remake of Skidrow for the ForgeHub Foreign Treasures Contest. It supports all maps, but Team Slayer, Team King of the Hill, and Multi-Flag play the best. Free for All is also entertaining. I've spent a lot of time designing, forging, testing, editing, and more testing to make sure Penultimate is fun, balanced, and just plain awesome.

Here's a quick weapons list, for those interested:
    - 4 BRs
    - 2 Snipers
    - 1 Rocket
    - 1 Flamethrower
    - 2 Carbines
    - 2 Needlers
    - 6 SMGs
    - 3 Spikers
    - 3 Plasma Rifles
    - 6 Plasma Grenades
    - 0 Street cones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download it here

#1 cory21, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

First off, I must say the map looks very clean, so nice job there. I do not really see any problems expect for in some parts the map looks breakable. Other then thatm great job!

3. Devil95

Devil95 Ancient

Kid, Shut up. I've heard you say the same sentense 7 Times Today! Just stop.If you say that one more time, I gonna commit suicide. 8)

Okay, This is the 2nd Map (I've said this 2 times) I've seen today. Skidrow is one of my favs in MW2. I can't see much from the pics. All I see is lots of Alleys. I'll have to check and see if the whole map is remade. From the pics it looks like plain alleys.

Edit: I love this map. 97% accurate. Somethings I can't remember. Im gonna take sometime looking at Skidrow (COD6) and the Halo Version.

4. NinKeith

NinKeith Ancient

Woo you got it posted.

I love this map. This map is very fun with any amount of people. Even when we did a 2v2 it kept me entertained and I wanted to play it some more.

The flow on this map is fantastic. The little battles took place all over the map and, unlike a lot of maps, I never found myself running to the same spot when I spawned.

Congratz on another excellent map.

5. IxXROADKILLXxI

IxXROADKILLXxI Ancient

even though the most amount of players i got too play with while you played this map was 6 or 7, I still thought that it flowed very well. I wish you had enough to add roofing on the buildings around the map, but due to the object limit, its as close as its going to get. I also felt that i was re spawning in what seemed like the same areas you re spawn on MW2, which kinda of impressed me because it showed me that you took great notice in the important details around the map. No weapon on the map was too powerful, and it was pretty fair from the start. I hope you win the contest my friend!

6. cory21

cory21 Ancient

Thanks for the comments guys.

-I don't think the map is breakable, unless you butterfly jump. Honestly though, if your playing with people who constantly do that, you should just get new people to play with, and just enjoy the map itself.

-The map is as accurate as I can get it and still play well with Halo style gameplay. The only thing that really changed gameplay wise is the sniper tower by the construction yard, since in MW2, there was only one entrance in the top floor.

-Thanks Keith

-I didn't add roofs just because I suck at forging them, and they are a little too expensive.

Getting a weapons balance was actually a little challenge. I took a lot of inspiration from other Bungie maps, specifically The Pit and Ghost Town. It has an asymmetrical-ish layout, but still focuses on fighting for weapons and map control in long hallways.

I'm really proud of this map, and I do hope it goes far in the contest.

7. ASSASSINinWH1TE

ASSASSINinWH1TE Ancient

I agree with roadkill, roofs would be nice, but no biggie we all have to deal w\the stupid budget. I like the weapons, and it's funny how you put in 0 street cones lol. I love it when forge maps r from other games also. Maybe creating or finding a MW2 game type would make it a little more realistic? MW2 maps are always so large it's hard to forge them, but you did a good job.

8. xXEnr4gedHoboXx

xXEnr4gedHoboXx Forerunner

looks good from pics i can see some simularitys definite dl

9. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Lol u were probably merely kidding but if u werent seriously dont be such a jerk. Peloquon has been a lil repetitive. Anywho I may have only played skidrow twice but this is the most accurate remake to date. I like how you really put a ;ot of detail into the buildings, even without the roofs. (damn OLN)

10. xXEnr4gedHoboXx

xXEnr4gedHoboXx Forerunner

played the map and it is extremely close to skidrow, there could be a little more cover iin the main hallway of main building on second floor but over great job.