Pennyless

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by idiotninja, Sep 28, 2008.

?

How would you rate this minigame?

1. This map should be featured!!!

29 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Great map will stay on my harddrive

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Good map fun for a while.

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Okay could be a lot better though

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. This maps sucks and you fail at life

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

This is simply the most unique and the best mini-game map ever. The map design itself is very good with some great interlocking. It also looks very fun to play w/ your friends. I'm too excited to play on this map!!!Great job and I hope there's more to come from you.

2. Sarge525

Sarge525 Ancient

Ok this map really sounded amazing and from the pics looked pretty well made. But there is, in my opinion, a huge downfall to this map and that is the equipment. There is just too much of it; you should either lose all the equipment or just put one or two bubble shields on the map that have delayed spawns. Doing this would make it so there was an even playing field for the humans, because at the moment it's whoever spawns closest to the equipment that wins. And that in my opinion involves zero skill. As well the occassional spawn out the map when your using a full party should be remedied (although rare).

3. Gamerguy45

Gamerguy45 Ancient

This is the best minigame map hands down! The improvments are drastic. I've played the beta so many times... It is so awesome and epic. I would tell you why its so awesome but play it for your own damn self you wont be dissapointed at all!

Well im off to reccomend this awesome map...

4. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Wow man holy ****.Amazinggg post,great description,++++rep.This is the best post I've seen in a while + one of the best maps I've seen in a while.How you quoted people and wrote a FAQ ,and the little hidden sword is just a great feature to a map.This map should and probably will be featured.

The interlocking is amazing.Every things perfect and no bumps.The idea of the map is just spectacular.This probably took you so long ,but it all worked out in the end right?I'm going to enjoy playing on this map.I could see this being played in TGIF's coming up.The whole layout of the map is just speechless.The only thing that doesn't look 100% good is the boxes.They look a smidge off but thats not a big deal.And I understand how hard it was to interlock all of that.The little 'rocks' out the wall are great and it makes the map feel so much bigger with all the levels.

This is one hell of a map/post.100/10.This should get featured and if doesn't well then were crazy.+ rep for all of your hard work.

Keep going guys ,I really like your work,can't wait will the next =).

Sage likes this.
  5. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i played this game, and it was very fun.
    a very original and enjoyable minigame. i just have one question:
    when you say it took 70 hours, does that include testing and everything else? because that geometry does not look like it should have taken 70 hours.
    im not trying to come off saying the map is bad, it is a very good minigame, im just asking.

6. headlessbarbie

headlessbarbie Ancient

well, i don't have much to say, other than its looks really fun, and waaaay better than purple bunker. kind of a cross between purple bunker and flazers.

yeah, it would be cool if it was set up for CTF.

7. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Hmm i would say 2 hours in testing and 68 hours in actually building it. We tried to make the gameplay perfect. So it had to unexploitable, we had to re-arrange the platforms many times and had to fidget the equipment and other stuff. The main reason that this took so long was that the stupid unlimited budget canvas map that we used(the one that has nothing on it but still has unlimited budget) kept making alot of stuff disappear at random times. So we often had to replace items, and start from the last save as new map. We had to save a new map every time we did something.In the end i had 54 maps of pennyless. With that being said, I do not recommend the unlimited budget canvas to anybody!!!

8. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

Well its about time! I've been waiting for the official release for weeks. Those long hours really paid off though.

The deployable cover was a fantastic addition (your welcome for bringing it up). Its perfectly balanced and infinitely fun. There is nothing wrong with it.

Testing with you was a great pleasure, and despite the countless games I've played, I really never got bored of it. It's ingenious design and polished gameplay makes it the best mini game I've ever played. You get my vote for feature.

Final Score: 5/5

9. Resix

Resix Ancient

wow i just played it with system link and lets just say that game was the life of the party. this game is so fun. i know i already said this but jeez purple monsters has nothing on this 10/5

10. E.R.SLiM

E.R.SLiM Ancient

this map is really tight. but awhile before i saw this me and my friend started one almost similar but i will try not to steel ur ideas.

11. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

dude you know that there was a version 1 in like august? so maybe your friend got inspiration, I cant say but. Also if you have a cool idea from this map i encourage you to post it because that is what we need. We need ideas bouncing off of each other. Just remember the community might not like it if it is very similar to this

12. Plasma Napkin

Plasma Napkin Ancient

Wow, only a very creative mind could have thought of such a map.
    And so you did. Nice interlocking, nice layout, great idea. 5/5 , I hope it will get featured, Ich habe fertig!

13. breszhnev

breszhnev Ancient

Awsome, plain awsome. This map ashould get featured because it looks really clean and has a great curve to it from the pics. 5/5 and the game should be just as good from the description. I hope it wasnt just deception.

14. NUKEZILLA

NUKEZILLA Ancient
    Banned

very well designed map i love the idea and the map looks very neat and you can tell it took a long time to make it. easy 5/5

15. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

Cluunk, that was the sound of my jaw dropping. Very nice map, so creative, and well built. I bet it took you every bit of those 70 hours or so to make. GREAT JOB 5/5

16. Sgt B1ggl3s

Sgt B1ggl3s Ancient

Shwack! That's the sound of me smacking you across the face for not specially thanking me, for as you remember, I was there to Beta Test. GOD! LOL. Easily one of the best mini-game maps I've seen in a long while. Great job and keep up your stupendous work, Idiotninja and DeathToll! 5/5!

P.S. If ForgeHub does not feature this map, I will personally see to it that they have an *looks shiftly left and right*, "accident".

#36 Sgt B1ggl3s, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  17. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

He is actually only mentioning testers that were very helpful and attended all of the tests. At least I think that is what he is doing.

18. Sgt B1ggl3s

Sgt B1ggl3s Ancient

I found the energy sword!

[​IMG]

I WANT MY COOKIE NOW!

19. MLG_NaFy

MLG_NaFy Ancient

Awesome DL For m. it is a little messy though

20. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

Holy crap! how did you find it? we thought no one would.