Pennyless

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by idiotninja, Sep 28, 2008.

?

How would you rate this minigame?

1. This map should be featured!!!

29 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Great map will stay on my harddrive

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Good map fun for a while.

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Okay could be a lot better though

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. This maps sucks and you fail at life

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

Pennyless v2

Pennyless V2
    Created By: DeathToll77 and idiotninja.
    Don't forget to give rep to Deathtoll77!!

[​IMG]

Introduction:
    Pennyless V2 is a mini-game map that requires and open mind, skill, and a sense of humor. Pennyless V2 is a "V" shaped arena with death teleporters at the bottom and various platforms on the sides. This map took over 70 hours to make starting after v1 came out. DeathToll77 and idiotninja used expert forge techniques to create a masterpiece that is amusing and awe-inspiring to the eye. This map was tested a couple of times; there were numerous amounts of exploits and we can assure you that this map is unbreakable and unexploitable.

Scoring:
    Last Man standing: 7 points
    Killing a human: 2 points
    10 rounds 2 minuets each

Improvments From Version 1
    Well there are alot...infact this may be the most improvments from v1 to v2 in the history of any map!! First the map is 33.3333333% bigger than v1. Second the entire map is ALOT neater than the first. All of the double boxes are interlocked (this prevents people from jumping of of the slightest ledge) the platforms are straight and there is an extra funnel at the bottom. A extra box barrier was added to the sides too. The fire grenades are floating above the platforms so that they dont role off. Added one more bubble shield and put arrows around them both. Added two deployable covers. Added walls instead of boxes on the ends. If you fall you will die no matter what. Scoring: 7 points for last man standing, 2 points for killing a human. The time was lowered to 2 mins.

Description:
    Each human starts on a platform inside the map with a plasma pistol. The zombies start in a cage elevated on each end of the map and start with needlers. The zombies goal is to knock the humans of the ledges using the needlers. Shooting the humans with the needlers wil cause them to loose their balance. If they fall they will die when they get to the bottom. The humans can avoid this by jumping around the map and picking up various equipment such as bubble shields, deployable cover and fire grenades. The humans can use the fire grenades to blind the zombies, the bubbles shield can be used to protect against needles, and the deployable cover could be used as protection or something to lean against.

Quotes
    Feature, really? Reccommend It then!!!
    Your right its so much fun.....
    This pretty much sums it up...

Bring On The Pics!!!!!(i know you only look at these anyway)

This Is an overview of the map.....with needles flying by!!
    This map was created by idiotninja and DeathToll77
    [​IMG]

Another overview of the map.....
    [​IMG]

An example of how helpful the bubble shield is....

[​IMG]

OMGZ!!! Are those arrows holding the bubble shield?!?!?!
    [​IMG]

This is why we use deployable cover...
    [​IMG]

OMG those people are the smartest people on planet, thats just so cool....
    [​IMG]

A really cool photo.........
    [​IMG]

The zombie is being blinded in the backround.....
    [​IMG]

Yet another overview.......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pennyless: Halo 3 MiniGame

Click here for Video.

Question and Answer:

Q: Why did you put your names inbetween each photo?

A: So that for the people that just look at the pics, they know that two people created it.

Q: How long did this take?

A: Read the intro, oh fine ill save you the trouble...70+ hours

Q: Can you guys play with me?

A: Sure, just send us an invite DeathToll77 and Cheesepuffs 96

Q: Will this map be featured?

A: Thats for you to decide........

Q: Can I have your autographs?

A: HAHA, no

Q: Will you make anymore maps?

A: Of course, we usually make maps together so expect to see us around.

Q: Why do you guys always work together?

A: Because DeathToll77 always has an awsome idea for a map, but does not know how to carry it out. So idiotninja comes and perfects the idea and helps build it.

Q: Why did you put you names inbetween each pic?

A: You already asked that!!

Something Cool:
    Hey guys there is an energy sword hidden in the map somewhere....you have to look for it in forge. It could be anywhere.........oh and if you find it let me know and ill give you a cookie (void on this planet)

Special Thanks:

Warfang866
    Gamerguy45
    InferiorPigeon
    Vorpraly Saint
    Insane54
    dopeydan
    TheDarkKnight05
    Runeman6
    eguitarplaya33
    almost999sk8
    Sgt B1ggl3s

and anybody else that tested this map (let me know if i missed you)

Brought to you by:
    [​IMG]

Downloads:
    Pennyless V2
    Coin Slot Gamevarient

[​IMG]
    Pic By stealth

#1 idiotninja, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. EGP

EGP Ancient

I remember testing this map, it was very very fun to play. I like the idea and the interlocking throughtout the map.
    Good Job

3. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

This is the final version of the original map posted by Deathtoll77 and I.

4. Crusadermike

Crusadermike Ancient

this map is really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i hope you get a lot of downloads it's worth it! nice job with the map, 5/5 baby! really great map, and i think it'd be funny just playing slayer on it with like sword and gravity hammer wars, or like actually playing ctf lol. seems really cool and could be played with lots of stuff in a funny way nice map.

5. Runeman2

Runeman2 Ancient

Well this map has finally been posted, ive played on it a lot, I think I was at 3 testing sessions and many unplanned 4 player matches that were surprisingly fun. This map is near flawless, the sides are interlocked and clean, the ledges are well placed, and it is actually fun for both sides.

Gameplay wise, the chaos of 16 player matches on this map are unreal, 14 people jumping from ledge to ledge while a hailstorm of needles knocks unsuspecting players to their doom is a level of fun and intense gameplay that I have not been able to feel in many other maps. Lots of laughter and cheers of triumph will be heard as people jump into eachother or pop that bubble shield at the last second.

In the map layout category, the cleanness of this map makes it aesthetically pleasing, while still functional, and after a while forging with deathtoll (not actually building with him, just the occasional help or occasional mispress of the a button leading to frustration on his part) I can see how much work went into this map to make it look and play the way it does. This is one of the few maps I can definitely say is unbreakable.

Overall a really fun map to play, as ive said before, far superior to purple bunker’s exploitable gameplay, it creates an environment that is fun for both sides to play on, zombies have a blast choosing which targets to shoot to their doom, while frantic jumping as a human is equally entertaining. Definitely worthy of a feature, I look forward to seeing this map played in TGIF’s and customs for a long time.

10/10, unprecedented originality, forging skill, and gameplay. Well built Deathtoll.

6. stin10

stin10 Ancient

when i saw the first pic i literally said, holy ****. it just looks so amazing, and the gametype is really cool and creative. its kinda like purple bunker, but defidently better. i'm gonna put this in the "maps you wanna see featured thread" a little later, but i gotta play it first. still, beautiful interlocking, and a great post. can't wait to play. 5/5

7. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

hey i know this one i played the first one i didnt like it but that was b/c i hit to manny bump this one looks a lot more smooth i know ill love it!

8. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

Well let me start with this, downloading this game will guarantee about a days worth of fun for a first timer. This was truly one of thee most enjoyable experiences I've had playing a mini game in Halo 3, well thought out concept and remarkable craftsmanship, well done.

You will not regret giving this a DL ^_^

btw Death; you left me out of the testing thanks :D

9. Resix

Resix Ancient

yay my pic made it inot the post. woot. ok this map is just awesome so yeah i really think you have got yourselves a feature here.
    runeman you beat me to it but still heres my victory pic[​IMG]we have got to play this next time we are both on because this map is just too cool.5/5

10. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

First of all great map post. It was very informative. I have been waiting for this v2 map to come out. It is a very original idea and will make a great mini game map. I love the interlocking and equipment choices. You definitely have got my download. 5/5 for sure!

11. TheDarkKnight05

TheDarkKnight05 Ancient

hey, you guys released this. From what I saw, the map was looking really good. I love the idea of people jumping around trying not to fall in the death pit. :p

Also, I tried the V1 and the gameplay was awesome. A very fun gametype and I hope(and should) this map is featured. I like the arrows and the bubble shield in that little circle.

BTW-I helped with the arrows. YAY!!

12. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Since so many people want it featured they should follow up on it here because you make the final descision

Sgt B1ggl3s likes this.
  13. ShreddedDreamz

ShreddedDreamz Ancient

looks like a blasty-blast (< don't judge me.) I've been looking on here for a nice minigame/ infection map. I qued my dl

Sage likes this.
  14. Sage

Sage Ancient

i like this alot this is like rock wall and my map (with out the name its not advertising so dont even think about it) except with the purple bunker feel

ShreddedDreamz and Resix like this.
  15. Photo Taco

Photo Taco Ancient

this map seems very fun to play
    though it seems as if you put too many power items
    it look very fun for infection or shotty snipes
    nice map :)

16. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

i gotta say great idea the map looks very well done and a lot of fun to play, which is all the makings of a good minigame map. good job yous guys

Mr Pokephile likes this.
  17. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

Seems like their has been alot of good reviews of this map, I will try it out for sure. This second version seems much better, I was thinking about downloading the first before but it seemed to sloppy.

18. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

I would have done the same....compared to this version it makes the first one look like it got: eaten by chuck norrises pet dinosaur then was pooped out and sat on by Rosie O'donnel. But seriously we made sure that this one was perfect

19. Gradex

Gradex Ancient

This map is cool, a definite original!

I like the idea of "Stay on the platforms or die." It will sometimes make for funny situations!

The ascetics are great too! It looks 90%+ interlox, and that will make the map even greater!

5/5, this really should be featured.

20. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Did anybody find the energy sword yet? I hope somebody does, its in a really cool spot. Dont be afraid to post here if you have found it.