Pelican2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by born perfect 06, Feb 6, 2008.

1. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

It is made by me(Born perfect 06) and my friend(Sparrow 14) it took us 3 hours but we finally got it done, So go ahead and download it also dont forget to comment/post!!!

My pelican has front turrets that u can get in all u have to do is go to the very front of the pelican inside of it and you should see a icon that says u can get on the turrets,also it is like a drop ship it has two mongoses in it kinda like off the level the covenent were the pelican drops two mongoses and a warthog!!! We might soon make a warthog drop from bottom but me and born dont know yet!?! There's also i flying effect with well placed mancannons look at pictures for reference.

Oh ya by the way we give credit to coolant93 for making the original map of pelican he is the original maker for the pelican map on bungie favs.

Here are the screenshots...

Overview
    [​IMG]

Overview2
    [​IMG]

Below Shot
    [​IMG]

Front
    [​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

[size=12pt]IF you want the map press Download Here

2. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

I like this map even better than Coolants although his was spectacular. The only problem with this is the post, it does not meet the Forge Hub standards. Embed your pictures please?

3. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Welcome to Forge Hub, please read the Rules

Enjoy your stay here great job on the Pelican, Im looking forward for your creations.

4. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

Thank you for telling me to Emb or whater and how i never really knew what that ment.

5. CovenantElite07

CovenantElite07 Ancient

Very clever. I love how the man cannons give it an in-flight look to it. Keep up the good work.

6. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

I really like the mancannons as well. The placement of mongooses is also good. If you wanted to take it one step further, try attaching a warthog to the back :D.

7. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

We tried to make a warthog on bottom but dont know how to make it float. Any suggestions?

8. CovenantElite07

CovenantElite07 Ancient

Actually yes, i was thinking of something like that for my Chinook.
    (i havent tested this yet so i dont know if vehicles can slip through stationary teleporters)
    Take a teleporter and place it upside down at the hight you want the warthog to be placed at then stack a pallet on the teleporter, then the hog. if all goes as planned, the warthog should sit on the pallet until you shoot and destroy it, causing the vehicle to "detach" from the airborne transport. if that doesnt work then i'll keep trying other ways.

9. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

Ill try that out

10. xUM Cassgo 305

xUM Cassgo 305 Ancient

Three things

1) Great Map
    2) Embed Pics
    3) Congrats CovenantElite07 on 100 posts.

11. Bleet Tameheart

Bleet Tameheart Ancient

How about using a gravlift to push the 'hog up. Then, once you want to drop it, just shoot the grav lift. Not exactly pretty, but I know that it works.

Judging from the height, you may have to hover a gravlift, which may require a sideways weapon holder, or maybe it is at just the maximum height that you won't need the grav lift to hover at all.

Edit: Just a quick tip, for a shorter link, use this: [!url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17158876&viewreplies=true]Download Here[/url!] without the exclamation marks, and it'll appear as Download Here. Also, when copying a link from bungie, ensure that there isn't an "#end" at the end of the URL. That way, it won't go to the bottom of the thread.

12. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

Thank you im still new to all the url stuff and what not it does make it a lot neater.

13. xX Pyro42 Xx

xX Pyro42 Xx Ancient

For a floating Hog, hold it in the air under the tail, save your map, and end the game. Have people spawn in the troop bay, and their exiting will most likely bump the Hog, causing it to drop.

14. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Yay! CovenantElite can has Mason?[/offtopic]

I like this one alot. I'm not so sure about the turrets up front, story based I don't think they're there.

15. xX Pyro42 Xx

xX Pyro42 Xx Ancient

Chin guns. They're used in the books (see The Flood)

Just another thought I had: Did you make little pods out of the troop bay where one could hold a rocket pod for missile clusters?

16. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

i know what your talking about i think.... but no...

17. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

VERY nice first map. I love it. It isn't the same as Coolant's, but it's an honor to you to say that it rates right up there with his map. The mancannons were the perfect touch, I must say. Keep it up!

18. born perfect 06

born perfect 06 Ancient

No...

But me and my friend are working on a dropship so look forward to one of those like the one off sandtrap

19. Biggles2

Biggles2 Ancient

cool map 5/5, keep up the good work :)

20. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Woah! I think this actually competes with coolants! :GASP:
    Very ridiculously insane map! Can I use this for a playable map?