Pavilon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by MASTER016, Jan 11, 2009.

1. MASTER016

MASTER016 Ancient

Description:This map is a remake of Pavilon off of Gears Of War 2 sorry if it is not perfectly like gears of war but it is a really good map from what i have been told​

Weapons:8 BRs
    4 SMGs
    1 Rocket/120 sec/0 clips
    2 Covenent Carbines
    2 Maulers
    2 Beam Rifle
    1 Machine Gun Turret/180 sec​

Equipment:
    4 Plasma Grenades
    4 Spikes
    1 Deployable Cover
    1 Oversheild/180 sec
    1 Active Camo/180 sec​

Players:4-12​

Gametypes:FFA,ASSUALT,KOTH,TERRITOTIES,ODDBALL,TEAM SLAYER,Gears Link

Gears Settings/75% speed
    200% gravity
    3 lives
    5 rounds
    50% regenerate speed

Tips: turret u either rip off or it will already be broken off​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#1 MASTER016, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

well i have to say ive never played pavilon on gears 2 and i own it, well i dont play much. but from the looks of the map it looks like it was made very accuratly. now if you could only add chainsaws on the map....

3. Sgtkillstuff

Sgtkillstuff Ancient

Ahhh I'm glad you realeased this.I dont see a download link. And why dont you put up the gametype too. Oh well I love the middle the greatest part of the map, but the rest just looks rushed. It really feals like a gears of war map. I suggest showing a view looking at the waterfall, and explain the turret. Maybe a better description of the whole map. Good job 4.5/5

edit: O there is one of the waterfall I'm retarded

4. MASTER016

MASTER016 Ancient

sorry i just fixed it the dl is at the top know

5. PhantomBishop

PhantomBishop Ancient

This is a good remake of pavilion. Looks exactly like the map to me. Great Job

6. The Hawk

The Hawk Ancient

Wow dude, I have to say this a great remake of pavilion. I've never really seen anyone do it, but this is definatly one of the best out there. The interlocking smooth, and even if you weren't doing a remake, this would still be an awesome map in my eyes. It looks as if it would play very well, even though it is a little open, but that's like how pavilion is. Anyway, I'm glad you did this and I think its a good map.

7. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

This is a good map by itself though I have no idea how it lives up to the original in Gears of War. maybe you should have only brute weapons on this map which would give it the same feeling. I like how you made your own floor for most of the map which helps it feel different from foundry. It is also symmetrical which is pretty hard to do. Good job overall.

8. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Well it obviously doesnt look exactly like the map... people who say that are ill-informed... but you arent going to get it too look exactly like pavilion on Foundry. This looks pretty good, you made it look pretty much as close to Pavilion as you could. I would think a remake on Avalanche could be a better likeness, but it would be harder to do. I don't really know why you would want to do a remake except for aesthetics only since the gameplay is so different between the games, there is no way you are going to get the same feel no matter how exact of a replication it is. I would personally rather play Gears 2 than a remake in Halo 3. But that is prolly because I would rather play Gears 2 anyway lol. Anyway. This is the best remake I have seen. 6/10 Nice work.

9. Spartan 396

Spartan 396 Ancient

While this map looks like a good remake with your own, added spice, I think it could of been a little better.

Maybe clean it up a tad. Geo-merging would do you some uber good, too. The man cannons I've seen are a little out of place -- they really ruin the ascetics of the map. Same with the trucks/forklifts.

All-in-all I'm going to give a 4/5. Gameplay is not lacking.

10. IVY SNAKE

IVY SNAKE Ancient

Hey mastero I remember testing this map out with you like what sgt said I love the middle but I didnt like how the other parts look rushed The map itself I give a 4/5 but I give the gameplay 3/5 because I kinda got annoyed how bumpy it was..

11. SomeOneinaHat

SomeOneinaHat Ancient

Glad to see this map up...

(Review in a nutshell)

The map itself has great layout and the spawns only complement the map in its flow. The weapons are balanced and Power Weapons are minimal.
    Few bumps and random object may clutter or obstruct gameplay, but mainly very clean and enjoyable.

Great layout and Great execution.

4.3/5

12. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

the right side wall area looks alot like vagabonds corner,
    but tweeked..
    just sayin, hah looks pretty good dude

good locking but needs cover..

SEROUSLY! did you steal that corner, because the right one is about my maps height, and the doors take the window panel spot, and ou drug forward the fencebox,

also the left side isn't the same as right, and isn't locked at all...

map part i claim to be stolen..

[​IMG]

and his version on left is comp diff.. see

...[​IMG]

dude seriously? come on..

13. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

dude pavilion is an awful map in gears, u should have chosen a better map to remake. and u should interlock those double boxes on the main ground, they look sloppy otherwise

edit: actually its that one row that doesn't look interlocked for some reason. idk if u meant it that way tho

14. MASTER016

MASTER016 Ancient

just 2 let u know i didnt steal any thing from anyone and i am sorry i didnt really play any other map besides pavilon i only played once and bumps are hardly noticeable i have tested the map alot and from what i could see there is enough cover and it was very fun and having the fence wall on the left side is because everyone i asked to help could not do it as easly as the other side because of the bump in the wall

15. zConviction

zConviction Ancient

Okay, I finally got here. This map looks great, clean interlocking, and good geomerging(lucky...). I like the middle, and the turret in the middle, like a mulcher. Great GOW2 remake, I DLed, and am going to play. Good Job. 5/5.

16. MrSpi

MrSpi Ancient

well i havent played that map but the only thing i see is the top pic on the right their is a line were the boxs sould have been inerlocked to make it look better

17. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

The idea of Gears maps remade for Halo ends up feeling liek somethign is lost in translation, so I wont be judging this as a gameplay perspective.

Looks pretty nice. Looks pretty alike to GoW Pavillion, which is goot. The middle part is very well made.

But yeah, as I said, I'm not gonna comment on gameplay because I feel gears' pacing doesn't fit Halo. At all.

18. generalguppie

generalguppie Ancient

hey man i love the map from the pics ive seen of pavilion it looks perty much the same i think you shoulda put a link to the gametype you made for it

19. A Dark Mountain

A Dark Mountain Ancient

Other than the map looking nothing like pavilion, this map looks okay. It seems too open but has some good forging techniques. I give it a 3/5. It just does not look like pavilion at all

20. extreme 96

extreme 96 Ancient

This is a very well made map. It has enough cover, it has some new ideas, and it plays great. Good job master