Sandbox Pathos

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Cade Brandos, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Cade Brandos

Cade Brandos Ancient

Are You Ready To Walk The Pathos?

[​IMG]

Asymmetry takes on the form of map wide walkways and raised platforms. Plays mainly Objective games. 6-8 players.

About Pathos

Pathos is an asymmetrical map that contains numerous walkways and platforms. One base stands on a tower, while the other stands near the bottom. It plays fine as an Objective map and works well with Team Doubles. The weapons list includes…

4x Battle Rifles
    2x Assault Rifles
    4x Plasma Grenades
    4x Frag Grenades
    2x Maulers
    2x Covenant Carbine
    1x Rocket Launcher
    1x Needler
    1x Sniper Rifle
    2x SMG
    2x Spikers
    2x Magnum
    1x Bubble Shield
    1x Power Drain

It is asymmetrical

Pathos can support roughly 8 players at max. Going over 8 players may prove to be doable, but chaotic. Reducing the amount of players makes the map better in my testing of the map.

Pathos supports Slayer, Capture the Flag, Assault, King of the Kill, and Territories. This map is more Objective oriented, so gametypes like Capture the Flag work. However, I found that at times Slayer, while it was Free-for-All, had positive results. When it comes to CTF and Bomb games, the 1 Flag/Bomb varients work best. Gametypes like Juggernaut, VIP, and Territories, while included, do not work particularly well.

Screenshot(s):
    Red Base
    [​IMG]

Blue Base
    [​IMG]

Main Walkway
    [​IMG]

Sniper's "Nest"
    [​IMG]

Elbow
    [​IMG]

Parting Action Shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[SIZE=6][COLOR=red]Download Pathos Here[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=86021335"]Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details[/URL]

#1 Cade Brandos, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. TeapotKing

TeapotKing Ancient

the map looks great for FFA games, I like the verticality of it. I prefer maps with varied heights to shoot up to/down from, and while i haven't played it yet (because my xbox has the RRoD) I'm going to download it when i get my xbox back. also, there are 4 people with Reconz in those pics. FOAR!!!1!

3. Cade Brandos

Cade Brandos Ancient

Actually, there are only two, but thanks for the feedback.

4. Skitsofrentic

Skitsofrentic Ancient

This is a nice looking map, I like the up/down stuff to, makes the game more challenging to have to look up and down and not just side to side. Keep forging you are obviously very good at it. 4/5

5. Cade Brandos

Cade Brandos Ancient

Thank you. This is my fourth map and probably my best.