Sandbox Paramount

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by AnF Knight, Mar 17, 2009.

?

What do you think of this track?

1. 100% Awsome

38 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. 75% Great

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 50% Not Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 25% could be better

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. allbroken2U

allbroken2U Ancient

OMG....Best race map on sandbox i have ever seen looks smooth and i gonna download this as soon as i get sandbox......(Check my map out)

2. Zanitor

Zanitor Ancient

Holy Crap, wow, this is a extremely great map! You done a great job of interlocking, and i thought I would fall off too much, but I was fine, I did not even fall off once, I like the fact it is different and not in sky bubble, and that is it really curvy, and large curves, this has to be the best racing map I've seen so far. You have done a exceptional job!

3. barc0de

barc0de Ancient

This is what I have been waiting for, this thing is practically a rollercoaster.

Not only is the track awesome, there are aesthetic details aplenty, like the flags.

Minor complaint, the last corner is a little tight.

4. Val

Val Ancient

How do you people make these maps so fast, is there some sort of a trick to doing it or somethin. It looks fun and i always give these maps ago. I just hope that its as good as it looks. Sometimes on race maps you keep falling off because a turn is too tight or a jump too high.

#24 Val, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  5. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

This is truly an amazing map. I love the roller coaster theme and the banks are quite smooth. It's just a blast to race. I thought the last turn before the checkpoint (unbanked) could have used a shield door or grav lift, but maybe you wanted people to slow down there. Other than that, maybe put a couple teleporters outside the map so that if you fall off the track outside of the rest of the track, you don't have to drive around looking for a way to climb back in. Besides that, the map is an epic win and shall reside on my hard drive for months to come, I'm sure.
    Aesthetics: 10/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Creativity: 10/10

6. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

A lot of people have been asking about the last turn. The reason I made no shield doors is because the whole track is insane and really fast. I wanted the end to be nice smooth and almost like a slow rollercoaster ending. That was my thinking so if you were wondering about that theres your answer lol.

And as for Val. The answer to your question how do we do it so fast, we dont do it fast at all. This track took me 25 hours to make.

Thanks guys!!

#26 AnF Knight, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. MythicLich

MythicLich Ancient

This was a very good map. Great forging. I love the banks, it takes some skill for some of the turns. But, over all I give it a 5/5 Awesome!!!

8. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

Im glad to hear I brought you something that you have been waiting for. I guess you could say its like a rollercoaster, it wasnt meant to be but im glad to make you happy !!

9. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

This track is totally awesome. The entire racetrack is smooth as hell, and i love what you did with the golf holes merged to make little flag thingys. Great aesthetic, functional, and fun. The only thing I wish was that it was in the sky bubble, or had some railings to prevent falling off.

10. HunTedMeat

HunTedMeat Ancient

Great job man! This map is AMAZING. The banked turns are perfect. How do you even manage to build this thing so fast? It would have taken me a month or more to pull off. 6/5

11. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

It does have railings in the spots that most people fall off. Practice enough and you wont fall off and that will solve all your problems :p. Anyways thanks for your feedback. On my next track I'm going to take all of the feedback from this track and make one amazing, perfect track.

12. kingstick07

kingstick07 Ancient

to me, it looks too much like all the race maps on foundry, just larger and with more turns, ill download though
    4/5

13. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

I think I just wet myself.
    Played.
    Loved.
    Seriously, everything about Paramount is phenomenal, I highly recommend you download and give it a go!
    What's with the pallettes though?

14. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

The pallets are for visual purposes only. That means decoration! Nothing else but decoration. Everybody who asled about the pallets there you go.

Also for everybody who asked why it's not in the sky, I did not put it in the sky because all the tracks I had seen at the time were in the sky and I had not seen a track on the actual map. There thats why.

Thanks, Knight.

15. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

Who ever voted this track 25% in the pole could you please explain to me how you see this as that low. I challenge you to a forge off if you would like to accept that message me.
    Thats all for now thank you!

#35 AnF Knight, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  16. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Why do you keep on double posting dude. You should know the rules by now.. Or do you just not care?

17. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

Hello Dream long time no see. Umm to be honest I forgot about double posting. Umm anyways could you put a comment about the track and not about the posts. Thanks.

18. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

This is definately one of the smoothest race tracks I have ever played. I would only suggest adding railings in areas to make it so you cannot fall off, because in a few areas alot of people did, such as the first couple turns. Other than that I wouldn't be surprised to see it featured.

19. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Ok, you want a comment on the track? Nice job.. I like the track. I have one problem though. The mongi are not set to instant respawn. So, the racing variants that I am interested in playing don't work properly. Other than that, it was fun. I didn't really like the pallets. That's just me though.

20. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

Thanks alot man I appreciate it. I will make the mongeese instant respawn on my next track and I will decorate more indepth. My next track will be ready in a week or two so stay tuned. Thanks guys.

Bluejayfan94 thanks. I would be honoured to see this featured but I dont know if it will. I hope it does but you never know.