Paragon

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 12, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Okay

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Average

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. Good

19 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Great

93 vote(s)
    79.5%
  1. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Paragon
    by: TDHarding

Gametypes Supported:
    Team Slayer
    Para Flag (One-Flag Variant)
    Para Bomb (One-Bomb Variant)

Recommended Party Size: 2-4 players

Both perfect and recommended for team doubles, TDHarding's "Paragon" goes above and beyond the call of forging, bringing both fantastic aesthetics into play and matching them with competitive gameplay not unlike what you would find in a MLG oriented map. Centered around two hallways while providing many other entrances and exits, this asymmetrical work of genius provides as fair a gameplay as possible for both the attacking team and the defending team by tweaking the game variants included below to suit the map to the finest point possible.

Both merged and interlocked to a seamless quality, this map is a must download for anyone who appreciates anything forged to a high degree. With a balanced weapon selection matched with key placement, well planned layout and distinctive features located on no other map, this work of art may well be a keeper on many hard drives.

#1 Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  2. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Finally this is featured. For sure worthy of it. The architecture is amazing, and the objects correspond well. Congrats TD

3. Ak Gumby

Ak Gumby Ancient

This got featured!!!! Great job TDHarding. This map was amazing, I still have this map since it was released, my friends enjoyed it to. Congrats!

4. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

i swear this got featured before well any way this is a really nice map i like the square around the flag that is really well made great job on the feature

Felipe dos likes this.
  5. X5

X5 Ancient

Congrats on the premium TDH, and this is a beautiful map, with great aesthetics along with gameplay. I love how you used the A sign to create a frame.

6. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Finally! I loved helping you with this map, even through all the 'WTF STUPID SPAWNS!' moments. Totally epic aesthetics and playability. This is what we need in competitive maps, originality and an atmosphere. Just look here.

7. NymBomer

NymBomer Ancient

Is it me or is ForgeHub giving us really good maps to practice for the 2v2 Contest? If so then awesome because this is a really good map.

8. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Uh, oh...I think hes on to us! :recon:

9. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Yay! Paragon was featured finally. lulz.

This is an epic map. The first time I set foot on it I didn't even realize I was in Foundry. o_O

Actually, that's how I replied to the map... Like this: o_________O

Haha, yes sir. This map is epic win and I'm glad it's featured. (It's also one of the rare few maps still on my Hard Drive. xD)

EDIT: Also... dang it! Now TDHarding is going to be a premium... :sad face: (He looks perfect in his purple)

#9 Nobody Worthy, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  10. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

i knew this was coming. CONGRATULATIONS, cause you blew my mind when i saw this.

11. xkevlarpro

xkevlarpro Ancient

I've been looking for this map. Lucky me it got featured.

12. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

I just knew it'd happen eventually. When I initially saw this, it blew me away.
    One of the most impressive maps as far as construction and forging go.

13. Kyfion

Kyfion Ancient

well, im new...not so new....alright im like 3months in to forgehub so ive never seen nor heard of this map. but as i look at it now i truly am impressed. The ideas for the layout of the map are fantastic and it looks like it'll serve well in gameplay.

14. BennyIV

BennyIV Ancient

TDHarding with yet another great map. When I first saw this map I was wtf forgehub just feature it now. You know its bound to happen. O and congrats on the premium

15. TyRant Hacker

TyRant Hacker Ancient

it's great looking :/

the map has great aesthetics, which are quite innovative. the fence walls merged into the ground at a angle are cool along with the a or b sign interlocked with a single box. i do like the layout, fun with 1v1 even though the game play is a bit flawed. i stood on the rocket spawn and spawn trapped my opponent. :(

Weapon placement is average considering the size of the map, rather small with three power weapons! I would consider using a battle rifle with all the cover provided throughout the map, but be careful not to get rocketed or sniped in the face.

Overall the map is great based on the looks and unique design. noticed a few not so perfect alignments but forging is rather difficult. Great Job Tom.

16. BlackDistortioN

BlackDistortioN Ancient

Nice map I can just say that you are VERY GOOD on froging!!

17. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

Froging...seems fun. Forgign my friend...forging.

I'm soooo glad that this map got a feature! It's a masterpiece. I was only playing on it last noight in a game of FFA 3 player Team Swat (I dunno why!) because I didn't have the gametypes. But it was still tremendous fun! Congratulations

#17 Hazza, Aug 12, 2008
  18. EZappa

EZappa Ancient

This map really is a work of art. TDHarding has combined beautiful aesthetics and flawless placement to create something truly spectacular. Great job!

19. TDH

TDH Ancient

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I know that the spawns can be pretty flawed in some situations but for the most part they are good. I honestly think that me and Insane (he helped me with the spawns) got the spawns to be as good as possible. I was wondering though; when you were playing 1v1 did you have teams enabled? If not then that may have been the problem.

Also, not a big deal, but why is their a 'D' at the beginning of the gametypes on the links to download them?

#19 TDH, Aug 12, 2008
  20. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

thar we go it is finally featured took you long enough TD truely deserves this feature great job my friend. and i hope that we see some more from you