Paragon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by TDH, Jul 10, 2008.

?

What do you think of the map?

1. Great

76 vote(s)
    85.4%
  2. Good

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Not bad

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

On the weapons thing, may I suggest taking out 2 br's and replacing them with spikers? Maybe even chuck a needler or Bruteshot in there.

2. PR1MARY W3APON

PR1MARY W3APON Ancient

This is epic. Ive never seen aesthetics quite like youve created here. I love the "cobwebs" in the halls and the flag caps look interesting. I cant even begin to comprehend how many hours it took you to create this masterpiece. You should be proud. I will definitely be downloading this and hopefully get a full party in on it. Great job!

3. TDH

TDH Ancient

Thats great to hear my map has inspired people!
    I wasn't aware that losing nades under the boxes happened frequently from what I'd seen In the large amount of test sessions I did. Also I was pretty sure that the double box merged into the ground doesn't effect game play, I placed it to benefit aesthetics which I think it does.

About the weapons, I did try out a variety of different weapons including the Needler and Bruteshot which didn't seem to work well. I did not test every weapon set, so I will try playing around with some different weapon variations but it isn't my strong point, possibly, like HPM said, replacing some of or all the Battle Rifles with dual weapons because in the game type players start with a BR.

4. overthehodge

overthehodge Ancient

i think this could knock Kentucky Tango off my favourite map. nice one!

5. TheRagingBeast

TheRagingBeast Ancient

amazing map, the a/b sign flag point is an amazing idea, and this is definately a feature, nice job

6. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

Congratulations on making a top quality map. You can see the heart and soul you put into making it shining through. The aesthetics are stunning, and it looks like top notch fun!

7. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

i recommend adding in some SMGs. they are a subtle change, and can be used in the smg/plasma rifle combo.

i definately think an asymetrical weapon set would greatly benefit your map, as its the only weak link you have at the moment.

8. Tex

Tex Ancient

Sorry to post so many pics but:

This is the most epic layout I've seen to date.

[​IMG]

This tripped me the hell out.

[​IMG]

And this was an EPIC shot.

[​IMG]

My last comment though, can you tell me the secrets of how you made your layout? Whether or not you make that public, or pm me, I don't care, I just must know...

9. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

Tex, it looks like he took screenshots above his map and put them all together. If so, it's well done. If not, then....?

10. Beyond Skill198

Beyond Skill198 Ancient

Omg this map is crazy good... Wow... just, wow. And that layout picture, I'd really like to know how to do that...

11. OhDForg3

OhDForg3 Ancient

This is a sick looking map, I have only one suggestion though you should make a game type of infection for this map it would probably be very fun.

12. Old PatchworkZombie

Nice map with great gameplay. I just couldn't cap that flag....

BIGGnelson likes this.
  13. AqueousBeaver

AqueousBeaver Ancient

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. The aesthetics on this map are incredible... This is easily one of the best-forged maps I've seen. I'd like to nominate it for Best Of Forge second-half 08.

Epic Tusk and Titmar like this.
  14. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I CRACKED THE CODE!!! YOU USED A SIGN A TO MAKE THE BOX AROUND THE FLAG!!! That is very orignal. The roofing is awsome everywhere ! this map is made very nice complex. Very nice work!

15. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

Wow, you really inspired me for some awesome curving. Props. 5/5

16. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

ahh i remember when when you were just making this, i knew it was gonna be good, i wont be suprised if the color of you name changes

17. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

finally a map i can say WOW too this map is great i played a few mins ago and it is cool you should of showed that bridge archway at the back thats so cool.

Mr Pokephile likes this.
  18. Muffin MOuth

Muffin MOuth Ancient

wow man this maps looks awesome! 4.9/5 for sure. i cannot wait to play this.

BIGGnelson likes this.
  19. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Im not one for complementing maps, but this looks ****ing great. It's fairly rare to experience a map variant that seems to boast nice gameplay, but at the same time, pull off such wonderful eye candy. It's comforting to see that you took the time to make custom game types for your map variant, which, by the way, makes or breaks a map. I look forward to playing this soon, and I hope to return here with some positive feedback.

#79 Chipsinabox, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
    TheYavimayan likes this.
  20. Coyote032

Coyote032 Ancient

This gets a DL from me.