Paradisal Path

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by CoookkieMonster, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CoookkieMonster

CoookkieMonster Forerunner

Hello and welcome to Paradisal Path. This is the first of three maps in a map pack I'm releasing called the Paradise Lost Map Pack, which are perhaps the last three maps I'll have time to forge in reach. This map is a large map compatable with race and battletracks. Everything thing in it is exaggerated and large; huge hill, turns, jump, spiral, wave. Everything. It is somewhat built like a classic Halo 3 racetrack, so please download it and have some fun! Here's a link to the video and some pictures:

Starting Hill/ Ending Terrain Section
    [​IMG]
    Middle Section of Banked Intertwined Turns
    [​IMG]
    Landing of the Large Jump, Spiral, and Wave
    [​IMG]
    End Terrain Section After Down Elevator
    [​IMG]

Be sure to check out the video here: Halo Reach Racetrack- Paradisal Path - YouTube

#1 CoookkieMonster, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. REMkings

REMkings BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Yay a new Coookkie creation! Me love cookie, nomnomnom

Those banked waves are sick man! You really brought if off... again.

#2 REMkings, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  3. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

You aren't kidding about the exaggerated features. Loving the huge banks. Everything is smooth, and the drops work fairly well. The aesthetics, while minimal, look good and really made me feel like I was racing across the countryside (well, until I hit the huge banks, anyway. :p).

I might have added some man cannons so racers don't lose as much speed up the first hill and bank. But maybe you made it that way on purpose to make the bank more difficult. Anyway, great map as always. Can't wait for you to release the other tracks in this pack.

4. CoookkieMonster

CoookkieMonster Forerunner

Thanks to both of you! Yeah shaddo I considered adding mancannons but I thought the slow start made the rest of the map feel faster and more fun; it's a feature I added to all three of the maps. But such positive feedback from the best racetrack maker in all of Halo 3 is quite an honor! :) glad you liked it