Parabolic

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by styxman34, Jan 18, 2011.

1. styxman34

styxman34 Forerunner

First of all, I'm honored that anybody actually played on this map.
    Second, I'm kind of surprised that there wasn't a lot of movement. What areas did they stay in mainly?
    Thirdly, I put in the shotgun to give some sort of incentive to go in the bottom. But, apparently, people didn't like going down there. In games like Oddball, I could see a lot more people going down there.

2. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I was in that game with Stevo, and I mostly aggree. Also, the steep ramps are bleh, big time. Fix that and mess around with flow a bit, and you'll have a great map on your hands.

3. MattKestrel

MattKestrel Ancient

One thing i noticed about the flow on this map during that game is that it's interrupted a lot by jetpacks, the users of which can just fly straight to rockets and proceed to rain death from above. Or just chuck frag grenades around. Maybe we should just say it has sword base syndrome in that everyone goes to the top and ignores the bottom. :p

4. styxman34

styxman34 Forerunner

I agree. I think that jetpacks are cool, and they can really aid in making custom gametypes and casual maps, I don't think that they have any place in competitive gameplay. It's just annoying.